Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest v1.03? The initial 1.03 had a bug that caused a crash on starting the mod.

So redownload it and try again please, and let us know if it reoccurs.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentTBC

This will require decoupling of the REF size from production of liberty bells. I hope we move in that direction. If so, then my point is indeed rendered moot.

Making the AI much more aggressive combined with significantly increasing the initial size of the REF (depending on map size and difficulty, of course) would certainly address most of my problems with the game. If the AI is more aggressive and the REF starts significantly larger, it will no longer be the ideal strategy to keep your number of colonies and population as low as possible because you won't be able to defend yourself or make enough money. As it is, though, you don't need to do either of those things so it is unnecessary to found more than 2-3 colonies, ever, no matter the difficulty or map size.
        Making changes to the AI to make it competitive is one of my goals. With v1.03 it is the first Col AI where it can actually survive a WoI or Indian War.

I'm sure everyone will agree that advances in the AI's ability to survive in this game will greatly improve the playability of the game.

Comment

I think I downloaded yesterday's version of 1.03 but today's version worked without crashing at that point. Thank you.

Comment

I'm not so sure REF should be completely decoupled from Liberty Bells. I'd just reduce the weight of that and increase weight of other things to increase REF:

1. *** Refusal of Kings Demands *** (I'd make refusal of them the fastest way to increase REF)

2. Other REFs increasing. (King concerned about Balance of Power with the other Kings)

3. The player being involved in a war prior to DOI (against either Indians or other players).

4. The player losing tiles by any means prior to DOI. (King concerned "his" territory shrinking)

5. The player is at peace, and his army is way higher than what is needed for self defense (considering his population, cities, and rival players armies) AND is growing.
            Last edited by joncnunn; October 1, 2008, 22:59.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I'd love to see refusing the King's demands be the fastest way to increase REF. It would really make it a more difficult decision. As it is, I always refuse to pay his danegeld unless it's for some petty little amount.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentTBC
                I'd love to see refusing the King's demands be the fastest way to increase REF. It would really make it a more difficult decision. As it is, I always refuse to pay his danegeld unless it's for some petty little amount.
                Yes, I agree. Or it could be coupled to higher tax increases and refusing THEM leads to faster growth of the REF. Either way, you've got to be made to PAY for getting the King mad at you.

On another point: do you guys think anything easy can be done to make a.i. defenses in the New World a little more robust? I just attacked the Dutch and was surprised that in taking 3 of their cities they only had one armed minuteman unit.

Maybe I was just lucky.

Comment

Dale/Snoopy - Are there any plans to improve the functionality of the Route List window? Right now it's basically horrid. I'd like to be able to sort by item, starting city, and ending city. I can write the code for everything but the sort_by buttons themselves (GUI programming is anything but my strong point). Please let me know if you can add a three-radio control to the route list somewhere, and I'll write up the code to handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriegsspieler

Yes, I agree. Or it could be coupled to higher tax increases and refusing THEM leads to faster growth of the REF. Either way, you've got to be made to PAY for getting the King mad at you.

On another point: do you guys think anything easy can be done to make a.i. defenses in the New World a little more robust? I just attacked the Dutch and was surprised that in taking 3 of their cities they only had one armed minuteman unit.

Maybe I was just lucky.
                    What version of this patch, what turn (so what stage of the game) and what difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

What version of this patch, what turn (so what stage of the game) and what difficulty?
                      1.03, on conquistador.
                      I think I was playing around 1550 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Durnil
                        Dale/Snoopy - Are there any plans to improve the functionality of the Route List window? Right now it's basically horrid. I'd like to be able to sort by item, starting city, and ending city. I can write the code for everything but the sort_by buttons themselves (GUI programming is anything but my strong point). Please let me know if you can add a three-radio control to the route list somewhere, and I'll write up the code to handle it.
                        Hmmm, python is a big weakness here as well but when I'm done with what I'm currently doing, i'll give it a look...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I've looked at the code for how the REF reduction in this mod (I'm nosey like that ) and I'm confused. I'm sure I've missed something, but perhaps someone could explain how it's working?

If my understanding of C++ integer division is correct (i.e. the result of the division of any two integers is truncated to an integer), it looks like the new KingUnitThresholdPercent handicap modifier (CvPlayer.cpp line 7904) won't work as intended. Instead the bellRateMultiplier will end up as 0 or a simple multiple (1x, 2x) of the vanilla threshold increase rather than a nice percentage of it (90%, 120%, 200%).

A similar thing might be happening in the gold related reduction at the end of CvPlayer too.

Have I missed something? (Am I making any sense?! )

Sorry to be a pain chaps! Keep up the excellent modding

Comment

Can you explain it a bit further (copy/paste what you're looking at and how you think it is wrong)? I tested the latter out fairly thoroughly (and rewrote it from the original code to be a bit more clear, the original one was a mess of math) and it seemed to behave as expected (though I can't actively debug it, so I had to manually do so by running through REF increases). Though Dale might have changed it from my coding actually when he added the gold increases, don't recall.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I guess MontyLaremane wanted to say that you divide an integer getKingUnitThresholdPercent() by 100, that rounds it down to a nearest whole number

Code:
                              bellRateMultiplier = ((GC.getHandicapInfo(getHandicapType()).getKingUnitThresholdPercent() [b]/ 100[/b]) * 
                              GC.getDefineINT("REVOLUTION_EUROPE_UNIT_THRESHOLD_INCREASE"));
                              Now, my question is why do you bother with getRevolutionEuropeUnitThresholdMultiplier() at all? If i understand it correctly, it doesn't significantly change REF size, as it just defines when units will start to be added in batches of 2,3,4... units. Actually, with your approach you may as well increase REF, since REF increase triggers with a smaller getRevolutionEuropeUnitThresholdMultiplier() and a number of units added in that increase will happen with a bigger getRevolutionEuropeUnitThresholdMultiplier()
                              Last edited by Ellestar; October 2, 2008, 10:24.
                              Knowledge is Power

Comment

It's this particular line from CvPlayer.cpp (version 1.03), specifically the part in bold.

Code:
                                bellRateMultiplier = ([B](GC.getHandicapInfo(getHandicapType()).getKingUnitThresholdPercent() / 100)[/B] * GC.getDefineINT("REVOLUTION_EUROPE_UNIT_THRESHOLD_INCREASE"));
                                My understanding is that the result of that division will always be truncated to an integer. So, if the handicap threshold is less than 100, the result of the division above will be 0, so bellRateMultiplier is also 0. If the handicap threshold is 100-199, the division result is 1. If the handicap is 200-299, the result is 2 etc.

Perhaps it should look like this so the multiplication happens first and the division last (I think that's why the maths looks screwy):

Code:
                                bellRateMultiplier = ( [B](GC.getHandicapInfo(getHandicapType()).getKingUnitThresholdPercent() * GC.getDefineINT("REVOLUTION_EUROPE_UNIT_THRESHOLD_INCREASE"))[/B] / 100 );
                                As I say, I could very well be wrong as my understanding of C++ is limited.

Comment

Working...
                                X