Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okey, so I finally got around to installing this mod and take it out for a spin. Decided to try a few new strategies and so on.

Started out as spain, didn't want to kill the natives ASAP, stared building up infrastructure, stole two hardened pioneers from france and dutchland. Easiest setting, marathon speed.

Saved the game and went off to work. Got home, loaded it up and played one turn.

The start of the next turn brought this: EVERY FOUNDING FATHER JOINED THE TUPI (except the ones already grabbed). EVERY ONE, AT THE SAME TURN.

Crantor angry!

Comment

That's a good one ... I'd love to have the save so I can see what's wrong (can you post it here, you probably will have to zip it up)...

Must be something wrong with one of the read functions, but no idea what.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Here it is. Just end the turn, it always ends up the same way (for me). Tupi grabs all the founding fathers and a bUNCH of goods get their value adjusted.
        Attached Files

Comment

Version 1.03 posted.

Comment

Snoopy's stated change for the second item with V1.03: "AI now correctly pursues massive armament during lead-up to revolution (previously only did this on declaration of independance meaning it only got one turn to buy an army)." is not correct at all.

The A.I. built units every turn from the day you start building bells... the A.I. adds a REF unit.

I don't know what was changed with V 1.03 when referencing this line, but the A.I. never waited to 'buy' it's REF - you knew at ANY time what size army you were facing.

Is there a corrected explanation for this or what are you referring to?

(could you be referring to OTHER competitor colonist?)
            Last edited by JungleIII; September 30, 2008, 22:56.
            Live your life - as an Adventure!

Comment

I'm also not sure of "Added code to ensure Treasure takes up 6 spots on a galleon (and other units as appropriate)"... I don't see value in this as it just makes for a very tedious process to ship those treasure carts back one - at - a - time, over and over.
              I know it's true to the original game, but - hey, it sucked then too. I liked the 6 in the hold... move on, do something else - there is plenty of micromanagement to do without adding to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JungleIII
                Snoopy's stated change for the second item with V1.03: "AI now correctly pursues massive armament during lead-up to revolution (previously only did this on declaration of independance meaning it only got one turn to buy an army)." is not correct at all.

The A.I. built units every turn from the day you start building bells... the A.I. adds a REF unit.

I don't know what was changed with V 1.03 when referencing this line, but the A.I. never waited to 'buy' it's REF - you knew at ANY time what size army you were facing.

Is there a corrected explanation for this or what are you referring to?

(could you be referring to OTHER competitor colonist?)
                Not the REF, the AI colonisers. It never built an army till the turn it declared.

That point doesn't refer to the Kings at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JungleIII
                  I'm also not sure of "Added code to ensure Treasure takes up 6 spots on a galleon (and other units as appropriate)"... I don't see value in this as it just makes for a very tedious process to ship those treasure carts back one - at - a - time, over and over.
                  I know it's true to the original game, but - hey, it sucked then too. I liked the 6 in the hold... move on, do something else - there is plenty of micromanagement to do without adding to it.
                  The actual bug was that it was hard-coded that any unit only ever took 1 berth. It didn't use the XML tag in Civ4UnitInfos.xml at all. I just relinked it to the XML tag.

If you want treasure to only take 1 berth, open the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file and modify that tag for the treasure unit.

Comment

Thanks Dale... thought you may have meant your competitors... No wonder they sucked.

Comment

This is where 1.04 currently stands (not released, I want to get a few more things in and 1.03 hasn't really been tested by anyone yet).

Code:
                      [b][i]Fixes and Changes:[/i][/b]
                      [b]REF:[/b]
                      * Added iKingUnitThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented; 
                      	This allows the REF increases to be modified by an XML edit.  
                      	This will currently be left at 100% (normal), until further testing can be done to determine appropriate levels.
                      	Increases base incremental percent (10%) by fraction of (value/100).
                      * Added iKingGoldThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented; 
                      	This allows the REF to change due to paying King money demands to be modified per difficulty (default == 50)
                      	This effects the REF threshold, rising it in relation to the amount of gold given to the King.  This slows REF growth by kissing his pinky.

[b]AI:[/b]
                      * AI will now use King's Transports after turn 90 for treasures if it doesn't have a galleon
                      * AI will load and take treasure to Europe from uncolonised continents (before they just sat there forever).
                      * AI now arms units in Europe and transports them to become standing defenders of the colonies.
                      * AI now correctly pursues massive armament during lead-up to revolution (previously only did this on declaration of independance meaning it only got one turn to buy an army).
                      * AI is now capable of winning Indian wars and the War of Independance

[b]EDUCATION:[/b]
                      * Reduced education threshold increase from 20% to 10%

[b]MAPS:[/b]
                      * AI start locs no longer in order from top to bottom of map (randomised).
                      * Humans no longer start in the same start loc.
                      * Europe Sea Zone fix to one third of the way in from the map edge and 4 tiles from coast
                      * Regenerating map now resets REF (previously, every regeneration increased REF by initial size.  EG: 8/4/4/4 to 16/8/8/8).
                      * Europe sea zone now removed from map when plot erased (noticeable in Map Regeneration).
                      * Start locations on random maps spread out more (increased iRange index from 10 to 40 in CvPlayer::startingPlotRange()).

[b]UNITS:[/b]
                      * Can now join cities after moving (like founding cities).
                      * Can now set profession after moving (like clear profession).
                      * Converted native can no longer be educated.

[b]MISC:[/b]
                      * Cargo now takes the number of berths in ships as defined in Civ4UnitInfos.xml.  (EG: Treasure now fills 6 berths of a ship)

Comment

So I installed a version 3 days ago and I have had some weird issues. Basically, the new game screen is messed up. Difficulties are colonist, < a blank space >, another blank, etc..... for like 5 or so spaces, and then the regular difficulties. It forced the speed of the game selection off the bottom of the screen (except Epic or whatever on the top of the list which was still on there).

Additionally, all the units seem more expensive. Also, I didn't notice a difference in the sea tiles, but I played on a random map.

When is 1.04 out?

(Moderator action: fixed post by adjusting the < tag > above so it didn't do weird things to the post. - Snoopy369)
                        Last edited by snoopy369; October 1, 2008, 12:27.

Comment

Machismo, sounds like some xml might have been messed up - none of that stuff should have been modified (I didn't change the handicaps). I don't think that's happening on our test runs, at least I'm fairly sure I'd notice...

Dale, good chance I'll be able to do my message coding tonight... have to do laundry anyway so boss can't make me stay late

Comment

I'd like to add that after the Tupis going pokemon-style on the founding fathers, I had the same odd game screen as Machismo. When choosing difficulty, I had one option (easiest), then a lot of blanks down to the rest. Just like Machismo. Reinstalled game and mod. It also seemed to have the quirky side effect that every custom game at pioneer difficulty were set as spanish, starting at the bottom. I did 4 fresh starts from the main menu and always spain, bottom. Changing difficulty level solved that.

I played two quick games just to see REF changes in action. First one I did the old fashioned game-the-system way; wagons galore, elder statemen working in the fields until WHAM, revolution! I won easily, had almost parity in units compared to the king. Next game I produced liberty bells the whole game, like the manual kinda implies you should, and well the REF was big. Not 500 unit silly big, but large. 150 atleast, 1:5 ratio. I lost. Both were at medium difficulty. Will try games on easiest and hardest next. IF you produce bells the whole game, you need to focus on revolution ASAP and not try and go the "build up your mini empire economically and slowly become independant", because the REF grows like a bad rash after spring break.

(go ahead and move this to the discussion thread if you feel it drifts ofcourse)

Comment

No, that's a bug report, and appropriate here Do mention which version you're using though, that helps us track down bugs.

Did you accept paying the king his direct cash requests very often? Remember that significantly decreases the REF size.

Dale, is this something with 1.03?

Comment

The above was 1.02, I just downloaded 1.03 and will try to get a few games in with it.

Besides the producing liberty bells at different stages and different speed the changes were:

game 1: The smiling dutch guy who is charismatic, so it adds 100% length to the king's requests. (Am I the only one who thinks the kings are really freaky? The english king looks like a transvestite. The Dutch one just looks creepy, drug-using). I accepted most requests since by the time he started whining for real money, I was swimming in cash and luxuary goods. I also did my patented "marine assault from caravel to grab french hardy pioneer" after 8 turns.

game 2: french. I went for a "rely on my native friends", which worked well; but I needed cash so had to refuse the King fairly often. Early bell production and so on, buying statesmen and putting up education system. Didn't stand much of a chance when the REF landed, A kill ratio of 2:1 doesn't help when they outnumber you 5:1. Live and learn!

I've almost given up on building a navy, I buy what I can with the spare cash and kamikaze em, but I find the money is best spent on vetern soldiers or cannons. With a decent amount of warships you can usually kamikaze a few, but never enough to make a dent. Perhaps if you only invested in the navy, building up an economy to buy warships and have lumber-colonies dedicated to cranking em out; you could survive with a lot fewer ground troops then.

I really suck at balancing issues, but I feel the REF adjustments are doing good to the game and more testing will lead us to even better balance. What i desperately want it some fix for the european AI's. Even with the veteran soldier in the city, and it has arms, and it has one turn to prepare for an assault, it doesn't react when I invade and I just take the town without a fight, no arming colonists with guns going on. It makes it trivial to take out the other AI's and just cruise to victory.

/ramble off

Comment

Working...
                                X