Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately getting and playing a few games with this.Looks good, and I like the proposed changes.

I certainly hope we will one day be able to move a colonist and then use him the same turn. *grumble*

Comment

Playing with Patch Mod, king demanded 30 gold (early, had only spent 20 for lodge so I had 80 left) and when I agreed the game crashed.

Windows XP, playing with blue marble skin.

don't know if you want this kind of info... thx

Comment

Snoopy, let's put "AI making an army" back on the table. How big do you want the AI army?

chooch:
        Thanks, I'll look into it.

Comment

Big, but not so big that it cripples the AI?

I'd say:
          1. 50 guns for every colony (maybe above size 2)
          2. 50 additional guns for every 3rd colonist
          3. 50 horses for every 5th colonist
          4. 1 artillery for every 6th colonist

And then adjust it based on how well they do with that? We don't want them actually taking the units out and making them soldiers, of course, unless they're in AI_ATTACK or whatever, or in AI_DECLARED_INDEPENDENCE, and I imagine if they're in AI_BUILD_UP_FOR_INDEPENDENCE, they should increase the numbers ...

How good is the AI at economic stuff?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

No, I mean standing army. I have the AI creating a standing army to defend from native attacks, and the Euro takeover gambit.

I was thinking 1 soldier per 4 pop myself. And 1 dragoon per 10.

Comment

Why a standing army that's not actively fighting, though? Can't the AI be told to mobilize some of the guys who are colonists, if there's a city danger?

Comment

Hi guys, same crash with payment of initial kings payment request yr 1524. When I reloaded the game and rejected the payment, it didn't crash.

In the old game, the AI's always had all kinds of troops running around. They would camp out around your colonies (wouldn't hinder production, though unless you were at war with them). Seems like in this version (Civ 4: Col) there is a lot less battling going on in general...?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  Why a standing army that's not actively fighting, though? Can't the AI be told to mobilize some of the guys who are colonists, if there's a city danger?
                  Mostly, to stop indians taking 3 or 4 cities as soon as the dow an AI. I've seen it happen way too much.

It'll also effectively stop the human gambit of camping a caravel full of soldiers off the coast of the city, dow the AI then immediately sail in and occupy the city. That's a major exploit the AI can't handle obviously.

Comment

Won't the guns-in-the-city protect the city, though? Don't they get taken up by any available citizen?

Comment

That only occurs once though.

Comment

I just thought I'd give a headsup for the newest version of this patch - I have (and am currently) playing it, and enjoying it very much. :-)

There is a weird issue I'd like to mention though, just in case you guys are not aware of it. If I enter the world builder and select to regenerate the map (with the A_new_world map script), really weird stuff happens to the regenerated map. Boats disappear, settlers appear inland, and I've even seen land mass overlapped by "Sail to Europe" territory tiles. And on one game start with said map generator script there was only 2 mere tiles of "Sail East" in the very upper right corner of the map, and all the European colonial nations started in the very same square up there.

Comment

You know you're doing SOMETHING right when playing around with the AI and on conquistador it beats you to Independance victory!

(Even just the fact it can now GET an independance victory is a major goal!)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, nice job Dale ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                              That only occurs once though.
                              Ooooooh. Understood then.

Comment

Issue post updated with some additional issues I want to look at. Dale, I probably won't be able to work on this today as I have a game to go to but tomorrow i'll have time to work on messaging and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X