Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the ini for:

; Dont show the game background during movies - may speed up movie playing
    HideMovieBackground = 1

(Was = 0 originally)
    Seem to have stopped the above mentioned crash on diplo issue.

Comment

• v1.05 is posted. Please see the first post for details, download, instructions and changes.

Comment

• NEW * European horses tripled in price.
        :O

Well cant argue it wasnt needed. Hope with triple you mean max 600 though, otherwise its a bit unbalanced with guns price.

Comment

• Ummm... again, can't argue that it's necessarily a bad move, but isn't that outside the scope of a patch? If you're going to do that, why not make LBs affect garrisons?
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Basically? Increasing prices is a balance issue. Changing a fundamental game mechanic that has been explicitly intended by the game developers, and to the best of our knowledge they have not changed their minds on this, is not appropriate for a patch.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• One thing to look at with 1.05: The new messages about nearly-out-of-space and out-of-good. Not only 'do they work properly' (I am fairly confident they do), but 'are they annoying as heck'. We didn't put them in with an option to turn them off, and I need to know if there's a reason to put in an option to turn them off.

Comment

• Well isn't the LB a balance issue as well? Especially since you're hard coding the AI to use a standing army, thereby making it more difficult for them to achieve independence?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• We adjusted the LB balance issue already (regarding REF size), in the first patch. We (read: Dale) made the AI much, much better at achieving independence... They aren't going to have THAT big of a standing army, and frankly they should take longer to declare ... they were declaring way too early in terms of their power situation already.

LBs affecting garrisons has been explicitly defined by the developers as working as intended (it's in a thread here somewhere). If a solution exists that accomplishes their goals, it's possible we'll look into it, but LBs will not be made to affect standing army units directly, unless Firaxis changes their mind or issues a clarification themselves. If we change it, it would be to make SoL decay slower (to allow you to educate your army, and then send them out), I suspect.

The intention of the patchmod - as with Solver's patch from BtS - is to be as close as we can come to what Firaxis would release as a patch. As such, we really can't make a change Firaxis explicitly negated...

Comment

• Not sure if this has been brought up or can be addressed, but can you guys do something about the fact that all of the European countries seem to settle in the same place? I'm playing either a large or huge map, and 2 (or sometimes all 3) other countries are within a few tiles of me. It's ridiculous, and it happens 4 out of 5 games I generate.

Comment

• I noticed the no-war-in-20-turns affects indians when you loot their burial grounds. I had a "they declare on you!" & "no declaration of war allowed first 20 turns!" at the same time. Intentional? Can you separate European AI from native AI? And can the 20 turn be scaled for speed?

Comment

• The Sail to East/West coast seem not to be working properly...

Most of the time it does not work at all:

Once i found the Passage to Europe on the other side, i got two Buttons in the Europe Screen - Sail East and Sail West - both have exactly the same effect however - the ship will come back on the side (and the exact location) where it embarked from - i think it was the default, unpatched behaviour as well.

-----

On one map however (made with Cephalos script: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293491) i had a weird occurence:
                        The Buttons for Sail West / East did work. However the ship came back at weird locations.

If it came back the same side as embarked, it changed location, not coming back on the same plot where it embarked from. Not sure how the plot was chosen. Closest to harbour ?

When coming back to the other side (Embark East Come Back West) i would kind of expect this - because it impossible to come back on the same spot then.

But most of the time i want my ship to pop back exactly where it started from. It's i.e. important on privateers.

Edit: I recreated the weird behaviour from a autosave.
                        Rapidshare... Sorry
                        http://rapidshare.com/files/151819923/Weird.zip.html
                        The Weatern Passage is not Discovered yet.
                        Use the Active Galleon - move it to another europe tile, send it to europe and back and it will pop up in the plot where it is in the save.
                        You could use the Privateer to quickly go to the West side of the map, to try it from there as well...

-----

For the "Not working at all" i can provide a savegame - tho it is easily reproducible - Tiny map, play as Dutch for the faster ship...

The second, weird, behaviour i only seen once and wasn't able to reproduce so far. Another map generated with Cephalos script led to the "not work at all" - state.
                        Last edited by Refar; October 7, 2008, 14:48.

Comment

• Thanks Refar will check it out. Wouldn't be surprised if something else has broken the east-west returns.

The return plot is based on average closeness to your colonies. But if it's critical for privateer avoidance I can stop that occuring for return trips to the same side.

Comment

• Oh so the one i called "weird" and provided a "bugged" save for is actually the expected behaviour
                            Sorry

Here's one for the really buggy part:
                            http://rapidshare.com/files/151837279/A_New_World.zip.html

The Ship is in Europe (came from West). Send it to back east or west - it will allways come back west.

I have increased the number of turns in a standard game, otherwise my game is clean, so there should be no mods interfering.

-----

I think it would be better if ships returning on the same side would pop back exactly where they embarked from.

I did not run in Privateer-Avoidance a lot so far.
                            But for Privateer-Usage i really prefer them to work near other colonies than my

And with normal shipping - i will sometimes have something like 2 treasures on a island. So i pick one and it would be nice if the Galleon came back to pick the second...
                            Last edited by Refar; October 7, 2008, 15:52.

Comment

• Your game is saying it is vanilla, not PatchMod.

Here's the header from your save:

„  M a g i c D r a g o n ' s G a m e A _ N e w _ W o r l d
                              And the header from my save:

Mods\PatchMod\ d D a l e ' s G a m e A _ N e w _ W o r l d
                              So either you have installed the mod over the default files (let me know if this is the case) or you're running this game not in PatchMod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale
                                Thanks Refar will check it out. Wouldn't be surprised if something else has broken the east-west returns.

The return plot is based on average closeness to your colonies. But if it's critical for privateer avoidance I can stop that occuring for return trips to the same side.
                                I think I'd agree that it should be back to the same spot on return trips - or, maybe, (you're going to kill me aren't you), a third button for 'return to original plot'?

Comment

Working...
                                X