Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debate the Debate's Debate

So?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

The moderator sucks.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'm taping it to watch it later so I can fastforward the non-fisticuffs part.

The debate is in Mississippi. I have low standards.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Good. You may not be too disappointed.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Obama is winning at this point. I hope McCain comes back.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Which channel should I be taping?

The one with the most bars and graphs and realtime stats and distractions is best.

Comment

Fox had only one that lasted maybe 20 secs. Nothing since then.

Comment

I wonder if Obama's continual interupting help or hurts him?

Comment

As a Jew, the emptiness of McCain saying he wants to stop another holocaust outrages me.

Good sentiment generally.

Bad sentiment when said shallowly for political gain.

Comment

Obama has been on the defensive almost the whole time. He dropped teh ball at least one time when he could have taken it to McCain. I'm just realizing how bad his platform is in debate.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Nader '08!
                      "

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                        As a Jew, the emptiness of McCain saying he wants to stop another holocaust outrages me.

Good sentiment generally.

Bad sentiment when said shallowly for political gain.
                        Do you honestly believe Israel would be better off with Obama?

Comment

McCain actually said that the next president won't have to decide whether to go to war in Iraq again, and Obama did not respond.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

McCain's every other sentence is a lie. I don't think Obama has said anything yet.
                            "

Comment

I am amazed at the number of gaffs each has made, and more amazed that both have refrained form pouncing on them.

Obama had McCain on Iraq at first, McCain just wasn't being coherent, then Obama dropped the ball. GO FOR THE KILL DAMNIT!!!

McCain actually said that the next president won't have to decide whether to go to war in Iraq again, and Obama did not respond.
                              Because he is smart. Constantly bringing up Iraq stuff from seven years ago isn't a good response to McCain legitimate attacks on Obama's positions last year.

The important issue for the next administration is not how the vote to go into Iraq went, but what they are going to do now.

BTW, the bracelet thing is stupid, are they going to have a contest to see who has the most in the flashest colors? Is this third grade? Presidents shouldn't need bracelets to remember their obligations to the armed forces.
                              Last edited by Patroklos; September 26, 2008, 22:21.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X