This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale,

New issue, I bought a galleon and sent it to the new world. When it finally arrived, it ended up ouside the bottom of S. America. I backtracted to see it was a random location, it isn't after it left the euro screen. I will go back to the euro screen and try again.

Okay,
    I went back to before I launched the Galleon, and it still comes back to the bottom of the map.

Anyway to fix this?
    Last edited by Flash; October 29, 2008, 17:15.
    Flash
    Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
    the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

Hi Dale,

I have a suggestion coming from original colonization.

Fort and fortress can open fire at one nearby hostile ship per turn.

Fort damage = 1 + 1 from every cannon inside.

Fortress damage = x1.5 modifier.

This would actually give forts, fortresses and cannons a reason to exist.

I don't know, but as it is now, I never build forts or fortresses, or buy or build any cannons as it is a complete waste of resources.

I just go ships and dragoons...

Thanks
      Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

I liked that feature for forts also, but I don't know how realistic it was. Did forts really just blast away at any ships they saw?
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Hey Supr49er,

I've answered you on the other thread!

Comment

I have same problems with new ships. They all seem to spawn in the poles for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin
              Hey Supr49er,

I've answered you on the other thread!
              OK, saw it. Thanks.
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Yeah... my newly bought ships are turning up at the north pole.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hmmm.... I've installed and noticed I only get the Portugese as a new nation!

How come? I do not use the MyGames folder, but the prime destination of the game...

Some help please!

Comment

More problems, other than the bloody missing pirates.

The diplomacy menu refused to open. Then I loaded the game at some point, and brought me the diplomacy panel, as many times as I clicked before... and it didn't open... I had to click about 10 times cancel.... crazy stuff!

Moreover fortify appears problematic, it never jumps to next unit.

Finally the turn doesn't skip with the space, I have to press the green button and that's annoying!

Another point which I should mention is the spawning point. The CPU insists to spawn me ALWAYS on two points on this map, I tried to play with different races, but I've always got my first landing at the very same position near the Amazon, or the position by Buenos Aires (Buenos Aires is superb for my taste though)!

I am really sorry, if I appear frustrated, I think Dale did a brilliant job overall!

From the gameplay point of view, since I read about your cross boosting, that gave me a good idea about an early rush.

Patriot level against two AI on standard classic "Western Hemisphere".

Crosses have been significantly boosted on this mod, and for english with an early church and someone inside, recruits at docks appear ridiculously fast!

Since Washington only needs 37 muskets for a soldier, I've tried an uber early rush with Washington and an early church.

I got the Dutch annihilated and knocked out within two turns. Within 10 turns, I had like 5 foot soldiers.

Then the Portugese followed and it didn't take me long.

I think your cross production needs further thinking, as it could be abused with an early Washington rush.

I was so surprised to see the AI paying minimal attention to defence in the early game even at patriot level!

HTH
                    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; December 5, 2008, 22:16.

Comment

• I'm working on a new version.

Will include:
                      - Player achievements
                      - A fix for something that's PO'ed me since its release (hurry goods shortage at end of production)
                      - New victorys

Here's the new victories:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• And buying the goods shortage at end of production:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good!

What would be the key to industrial victory? Hammers, finnished buildings, goods produced?

Comment

• Industrial victory is purely based on total yield rate, which is how much total crap you make per turn.

Comment

• XD

Crap = Hammers + Goods + Bells?

Comment

• Oeh, I'm looking forwards to that update! New non-violent victories is exactly what this game needs.
                                Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                                -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Working...
                                X