This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale,

Okay, next experiment. I tried playing as the pirates, and everything works for them.
    Flash
    Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
    the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

That's wierd they're not working. I know there's lots of issues with pirates at this early stage, but that's not one I though would crop up.

Comment

Aah, great work! Patched up most everything I was missing from the original col, plus that little extra. The abjectly horrible, ahistorical random tribe-placement seems to be fixed too? Fine pick of music for the pirate civ as well, adapted from the overly haussed feature films, I suspect?

That being said, the pirate civ seems to be built on a native american template; they sport indian-unique diplomacy reactions, and the text needs to be updated a bit, I don't get an initial message.

Comment

Dale,

This is going to sound insane.

I went back to a save I made just 2 turns after meeting the France & Spain. I went into the editor and added in some Euro Cities. Now they are heading back to their cities. Even the Pirates are now headed for Port Royal, Jamaca.
          Flash

Comment

It backfired,

France settled a new colony in stead of returning to Montreal.
            Flash

Comment

Just a quick note,

There is something screwy that happens when you change starting location and units.

Most of the euros only run around exploring and a few disappear.

If you add a starting city, a few Civs work, pirates still frozen. A few civs ships disappear within a few turns.

If you add a second full ship to the Pirates, both are frozen.
              If you add a second ship to the disappearing ones, The disappearing ships now work but now the civ has two ships.

Dale,
              I'm at a total loss.
              Flash

Comment

I'm wondering if there is something odd with your installation of the mod, as I'm not seeing these types of results.

I've done some autoplay test games for 200 turns (whilst working on my REF Reduction) and seeing well established colonies by the other euros, of numerous cities, blah blah.

Also, I haven't touched any of this component of the AI, only the part relating to treasure management.

Comment

Dale,
                  Tell me...When I extract the mod to the mod folder... What should the name be....

If it extracts it adds an extra folder... or should I tranfer the files minus the extra folder into the MODS folder?
                  Flash

Comment

urg
                    Flash

Comment

Dale could you look at this?
                      Attached Files
                      Flash

Comment

Re: Fluyt

Originally posted by probablymike
                        I'm missing the fluyt graphic in europe scene... and also i had to place the assets, the game wasn't reading the mod folder, and i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong?

otherwise, it's pretty nifty!

mike
                        ok, i had to copy the europe_fluyt.dds to the front end's sreen folder and now there's a nice image of a fluyt in the europe screen. you wouln't think it would matter that much, but it was this bright big pink square you get when a missing graphic.

i think this might be a problem with my system not seeing into folders. my other strat game mods, in sega and paradox have the same problem installing and have to go to the top layer to be seen.

great game. right now i'm getting used to it by playing a custom scenario with only nederlands and irioquois. i really don't care for the 'me win' situation that much in any of these games -- the satisfaction for me is in modeling a possible realism as the game grows.

but, how to take out the number of turns. the ini setting doesn't have anything to do with these scenrios, no? and, how can i create a scenario i can reload -- instead of reloading the first move's savegame?

Comment

Re: Re: Fluyt

ok, saving a scenario -- duh. so, it's only a question, for me, of how to take the publisher's game-win part out of the game... how to have unlimited turns.

someone decried (bitter tears) the absence of 'event's but i never cared for the arbitrary political event in games like this -- where you had no king but your king suddenly makes a move. one kind of event which would be fun though is eventing the homeland's prohibition of Manufacturing -- the home industry wants only raw material from the colonies and not competing market goods. but, some of these colonies were private companies and manufacturing finished goods would be only an extension of the company's scale, furnishing goods for the company's home warehouses. something like this would stress the game-play a little, and be an actual cause of revolution, not the bogus 'tax rater' problem -- the home peoples were taxed even worse, not having the political clout of the colony's sponsor and protectors. and, speaking of which, monarchy can be much more arbitrary than we're seeing in this game -- the market can be closed or modified in many ways... not to mention how european wars affect both trade and colonial policy.

Originally posted by probablymike

ok, i had to copy the europe_fluyt.dds to the front end's sreen folder and now there's a nice image of a fluyt in the europe screen. you wouln't think it would matter that much, but it was this bright big pink square you get when a missing graphic.

i think this might be a problem with my system not seeing into folders. my other strat game mods, in sega and paradox have the same problem installing and have to go to the top layer to be seen.

great game. right now i'm getting used to it by playing a custom scenario with only nederlands and irioquois. i really don't care for the 'me win' situation that much in any of these games -- the satisfaction for me is in modeling a possible realism as the game grows.

but, how to take out the number of turns. the ini setting doesn't have anything to do with these scenrios, no? and, how can i create a scenario i can reload -- instead of reloading the first move's savegame?

Comment

I am no mod here, and i dont wanna sound pissy, but you can edit existing posts, people... No need to send like 3 in a row. And certainly no need to quote your own post, when its still the most recent one - thats just silly... (and ´urg´ is hardly worth a post, or is it some kind of abbrev. ?)

Comment

Unimatrix,

It was a messed up post that I couldn't fix.
                              Last edited by Flash; September 27, 2008, 15:10.
                              Flash

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
                                I am no mod here, and i dont wanna sound pissy, but you can edit existing posts, people... No need to send like 3 in a row. And certainly no need to quote your own post, when its still the most recent one - thats just silly... (and ´urg´ is hardly worth a post, or is it some kind of abbrev. ?)
                                building the concept and you don't know who's going to post while you're writing your response. too, the ideas are different and the quote gives an immediate reference for anyone really looking for the post's meaning.

maybe you've got slow dial-up though and it just takes to long to load? that can't be our criteria.

Comment

Working...
                                X