X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, I've had fun with both the game and this mod, but as it is now, it easily gets unplayable. The pirates has after a few turns a city and 3-5 ships AT LEAST circling around between Europe and me. In my current game which I started an hour ago, I've lost 6 ships in 10-12 turns. Obviously, that is not going to work. The tax rate keeps rising, I can't sell anything(as it goes to the bottom of the sea) and I am lucky if I get through with new colonists or arms. I have no money and is unable to buy a ship that can protect me. Last game also started like this, but there I barely managed to get enough money to buy me a protecting ship.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Are the pirates meant to be playable, or just a foil for the players? They're definitely a cool addition, I'm just not certain what the intent was with them.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

You can start as them, it seems.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah, I played a bit with them. No Europe to trade with, or buy supplies from changed the game around quite a bit. They seemed like they might be over powered early on, especially since they start with a privateer.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

While your mod certainly sounds good, it also seems to have some problems so I am wondering if you could make a separate version in which you just implement the fixes?

Comment

I'll probably develop something with just the fixes, and some fixes of my own, at some point in the near future once I'm comfortable with the game enough to be sure my fix ideas are sound... maybe a new thread should be started for that?
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, I believe so.

How is your pitboss guide for Civilization IV: Colonization coming along?
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I played through 35 turns and still nothing from the other Europeans, ex. the Pirates never moved. Do you think if I started the game over, this condition might change? Maybe give the other civs a starting city when I found Jamestown?
                  Flash
                  Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
                  the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

My PTBS guide for C4:Col will start when that is possible
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Fluyt

I'm missing the fluyt graphic in europe scene... and also i had to place the assets, the game wasn't reading the mod folder, and i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong?

otherwise, it's pretty nifty!

mike

Comment

Are you getting the other features of the mod such as Portugal and Pirates nations?

Also, you probably had to create a Mods folder in the base directory.

Comment

The mods directory in MyGames folder worked as long as as you use My Games/.../MODS/AgeofDiscoveryII;
                          But You can't directly access the Col1maps from in game, but only from the directory.
                          Flash

Comment

Oh don't use the MyGames folder!

Use the actual game folder instead.

EG: for me it's C:\Games\Colonization\Mods\

By default it's something like C:\Program Files\Sid Meiers Colonization\Mods\

Comment

Dale,
                              So I have to make a new folder? Okay.

Could that be why I'm having problems with the Euros in the other thread?
                              Flash

Comment

Dale,

I fixed the folder issue, thanks.

But For some reason the Pirates still don't move, any suggestions?
                                Flash

Comment

Working...
                                X