This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread III]

This is the Third Organization Thread for the Pitboss Diplomacy Game: Beyond the Pit

Use the Story Thread for in-game purposes.

Important links:
    CivStats for this game
    gmail login for this game

Story Thread Part 1 (July-August)
    Story Thread Part 2 (September)
    Story Thread Part 3 (October)
    Story Thread Part 4 (November)
    Story Thread Part 5 (December 2008)

Organisation Thread Part 1
    Organisation Thread Part 2
    Organisation Thread Part 3

Tech Trade Thread
    LOGOUT (to login with your real or pitboss account)

IP: plomp.eu:2062

-----------------------------------------------
    You can mail to the following mail-addresses:
    [civname]@diplo.plomp.eu

if plomp.eu mail is down use the alternate address:

[civname]@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com (instead of [civname@diplo.plomp.eu)
    -----------------------------------------------

Voting

Every 1st day of the month we will start voting for the best players in 3 categories during the last month.

We vote in 3 categories:
    1. story telling
    2. diplomacy
    3. military strategy

We send in a top-3 list for every category.

Story telling is about submitting interesting stories to the story thread in any format.

Diplomacy is about being able to reach your goals through diplomacy in any way.

Military strategy is about making very tactical strategical moves and decisions. (make sure you post evidence about this in the story thread!)
    NB: this category isn't meant only for the war-winners. Someone can lose a war because he's a weaker player, but made some brilliant moves. In this thread we can award him for that. The game-scorelist will reward players for winning wars.

Every player is free to pick 3 players in every category. No more! Less (or none) is possible if you can't choose. It would be cool if you could include reasons for the vote.

Rules for voting:
    1. send them in before the 4th of the month!
    2. votes send in after the 4th of the month do not count
    3. players who didn't vote for a specific month will not gain vote-points for that specific month
    4. voting happens through the anonymous mail address
    5. votes stay unknown till the end of the game (to avoid political votes)
    6. votes are being send to vote@diplo.plomp.eu or votes@diplo.plomp.eu
    vote@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com also works.
    7. The mail subject includes "votes round x"
    8. You can't vote for yourself
    9. The vote-mailbox that receives all votes will remain closed till the game has been finished. Then we will all receive the password and be able to read/count the votes and read the comments.

The #1 in each category earn 3 points, #2 earns 2 points, #3 earns 1 point.

This will result in 4 scorelists (3 above mentioned categories + the gamescore list)

All players will receive points for their position in all of these 4 lists. 18 points for the #1's, 17 points for the #2's, ...... 1 point for the #18's

The sum of these points tells us who won this game.

Conclusion, the winner is determined by:
    25% gamescore
    25% story telling
    25% diplomacy
    25% military strategy

----------------------------------

Rules:

- 15 tech trade rule
    Every civilization in this game is allowed to trade away 15 techs. It is also allowed to trade away the right to trade a tech to another civilization.
    It matters not what the away trading civilization gets in return. It matters not if it is a small technology (ie. fishing) or a big technology (ie. Fusion).

If civ A trades Philosophy to civ B which returns both Monotheism and Masonry, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade a tech away (tech voucher) and Civ B loses 2 rights to trade a tech away (2 tech vouchers).

If Player A trades away Philosophy to civ B which returns the right to trade away a tech, then Civ 1 loses and wins 1 tech voucher (thus: the nr of techs he can trade away remains the same) while Civ B loses 1 right to trade away a tech.

If Civ A gives Theology to Civ B, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade away a tech (loses 1 tech voucher).

- 6 hours time between moving during war-time
    Civilizations that are at war have to wait 6 hours after the new turn started after their last move. When all opponents have moved before those 6 hours have passed the player can move as again well.

Thus, a civ at war can move after:
    - 6 hours have passed since the new turn started after his last move
    - all his opponents have moved after his last move

--------------------------
    If any civilization violetes these rules the game will be paused and the concequences will be decided.
    If damage has been done then the game will be reloaded back to the last available save on the Pitboss Server. The Pitboss Server saves every turn and keeps all saves till the game has finished.

Possible penalties, besides loading the last save are:
    - removing all or a % of the votes the violator receives in a certain month or all months in a certain category or all categories
    - The loss of tech vouchers (a few or all)
    - removed from the game
    - a warning

This depends on the seriousness of the violation, which is not only determined by the damage being done but also by the reasons and attitude of the violater.'
    Last edited by Robert; December 8, 2008, 09:54.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

This months score-update.

Code:
    Position		Story	Diplo	Mili	Score	Total	Voted	Dif
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01.(03)(03) Rome	12(+1)	18(+1)	17(+1)	16(+2)	63(+5)	xxx	+2
    02.(01)(05) Persia	16(--)	16(--)	15(+2)	13(-2)	60(--)	xxx	-1
    03.(02)(02) Maya	09(-2)	14(--)	18(--)	14(-2)	55(--)	xxx	-1
    04.(04)(01) Greece 	17(-1)	14(--)	12(--)	11(-2)	54(-3)	xxx	--
    05.(05)(03) Korea	18(+1)	17(-1)	14(-2)	03(-2)	52(-4)	xxx	--
    06.(06)(09) Vikings	14(--)	15(+1)	16(-1)	05(+1)	50(+1)	xxx	--
    07.(07)(07) Khmer	11(+1)	12(+1)	08(-3)	18(+1)	49(+1)	xxx	--
    08.(10)(08) Portug	05(-1)	12(+7)	10(-1)	17(-1)	44(+4)	--x	+2
    09.(08)(06) Metal	13(--)	9(-2)	08(-3)	09(-1)	39(-6)	xxx	-1
    10.(09)(12) Natives	07(-2)	10(-5)	08(-3)	12(+5)	37(-5)	xx-	+1
    11.(12)(14) Japan	15(--)	03(-2)	14(-2)	01(-1)	33(-5)	xxx	+1
    12.(18)(17) England	09(+3)	09(+2)	08(-3)	07(+6)	33(+8)	xxx	+6
    13.(13)(18) Inca	05(-1)	03(-2)	08(-3)	15(+3)	31(-3)	---	--
    14.(14)(14) Spain	05(-1)	06(-2)	08(-3)	10(+2)	29(-4)	xxx	--
    15.(16)(10) America	05(-1)	03(-2)	11(--)	09(--)	28(-3)	-xx	+1
    16.(10)(11) Russia	10(-2)	04(-2)	08(-4)	06(-4)	28(-12)	x--	-6
    17.(17)(13) HRE		07(-2)	05(--)	08(-3)	04(+1)	24(-4)	-xx	--
    18.(15)(16) Celts	05(-1)	07(-2)	09(-2)	03(-3)	24(-8)	xxx	-3
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote result:

Code:
    1. Do you agree to round the 33% down to 6 hours (instead of 6 hours and something)

Yes	IIII (4)
    No	II (2)

2. Do you agree that we should have a pre-set rule for violation of the 33% move rule?

Yes	II (2)
    No	IIII (4)

3. If there will be a pre-set rule, will you agree with the pre-set punishment The Capo proposed?

Yes	II (2)
    No	IIII (4)
    Last edited by Robert; September 21, 2008, 09:27.

Comment

@ CS

On the 14th you said .

LAST day to Vote for August!
      CS i have a question, why have i been given 17 points for score, when on the day of the final vote the 14th i was still 1st. Starting the 17th i slaved some cities knowing that the score votes would be in with the rest votes the 14th.

If you had said the score votes will be considered to a later date i could have easilly kept my 1st rank.

Please fix this.
      Last edited by Pitboss Portugal; September 20, 2008, 10:20.

Comment

Cyber...I did vote! I even posted that I did so in this VERY thread. Remember: I sent it to you via PM and you posted back (in this thread) that you received my vote but would prefer not receiving it via PM.

I wonder why I even bother to cast a vote if it is just going to be ignored.

Comment

I don't understand how only a third of the players voted on the rule. Can somebody please explain the reasoning behind voting for everything BUT the rule?

Comment

If I were a guessing man I would say not may people care about the rule.

Comment

The in game pts score should be as of the last day of previous month not end of voting.

Is this correct Cyber.

As all other votes were fro things that occur from 1st of month till end of month, surely score must be at end of month.

Comment

The in game pts score should be as of the last day of previous month not end of voting.
                You mean Aug 31st?, if so pls CS check your save and see who what rank was.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                  If I were a guessing man I would say not may people care about the rule.
                  But you might as well vote, even if you don't care that much.
                  "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I did vote

Comment

I meant "you" generally speaking, not you personally.
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I'm no. 1?

I'm no. 1! I'm no. 1!

USA! USA!

ehh..... I mean ROME! ROME! bah somehow if you don't use the current global hegemone it doesn't sound as good.

Comment

@Portugal: the score-points of only the final score do really matter. I include the 'current' vote just only to give an idea how everyone is doing.

Sure I can take the last of the month score next time, fine with me. But nobody gets points for being #1 in the score list at some moment in the game. What counts is you final position in the score-list. (like only your final position in the story-list counts).

@Natives: I found your votes. they were indeed in my pm folder. Apparently I've never forwarded them to the vote mailbox, or they never arrived b/c of the problems.
                          No need to worrie about not voting, just check me everytime and I will surely correct my score.

It's too late to fix things right now, I'll do it tomorrow and post a corrected score-list.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Rome
                            ehh..... I mean ROME! ROME! bah somehow if you don't use the current global hegemone it doesn't sound as good.
                            I think they would have said something to the effect of "ROMA VICTOR!" or "ROMA VICTORIA!"

One Love.

Comment

poem vote

it important.

vote on shiva poem please.

vote here

Comment

Working...
                              X