This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've restarted the game this morning.
    Now I'm at my work, and I see that the uploader is disconnected. Is the game still working, or is it down? (can't try it myself right now)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• yes working

Comment

• That's good!
        Stupid uploader....!

Comment

• Unusual request

CS et al.

I am asking if it is possible to reload my from my most recent recovery save so I can replay my turn.

This is the old 'my dog ate my homework request'. In this case, Thomas the wonder cat proceeded to jump on the key board at a critical point in my move - one that may have serious diplomatic consequences. It is not the first time he has done this and affected a turn or a move, just one tis serious.

I am off to the rembrance day ceremonies here - taking my 93 year old father in law, but will be back in about 90 minutes.

I am Ok with whatever decision is made on this, but would really appreciate it if I could play the turn as intended.

Thanks. Otto I, father of Tomas.

Comment

• Is it not possible to explain the move and undo the diplomatic concequences?

I will not be able to reload the game anytime soon (few hours). I guess you refer to the last reload I did? That means about 2 or 3 turns ago?

Or can I just reload this turns autosave? (I have an autosave of every turn, not of every login!!!!)

My problem is that if we start to reload for one reason, others may come with other reasons to reload. For good or for bad reasons.
            Maybe it's possible to deal in-game with the problems of the bad move. For story telling it can be interested to incorporate something unexpected.

I'll wait for others to give their opinions.

Comment

• I can't replay my turns again. I just barely got out of a fright with the barbas I might not get out of it again if you reload. Besides if we do it for one we will then have to do it for others. so no do not reload.

Comment

• one that may have serious diplomatic consequences.
                Well that is actually good news Good reasons as CS said for some good stories, expecially from that continent, where public diplomacy has been very little.

But yes I need to agree with CS that reloading may open further requests for reloads.

If the harm is only political, this can be fixed, if you have a barb right next to your empty capital because you just moved out by mistake your defenders and you fear a possible raze, a reload makes sense.

I say roll with it and let diplomacy solve the problem! This is diplo

Comment

• Yes, understood. It is not a barb right next to the capitol. It was a city settlement.

Oh well, Thomas is now the new ambassador to the neighbor in question and he can try and explain his way out of it - if he ver gets his face out of the Meow Mix.

Play on!

(I have to say one thing about this game, what with our ugly luck early, our neighbors the Metalheads, and now this, it certainly has never been boring. )

Comment

• civstats has been restarted.
                    All civs that played before it disconnected haven't end their turn. (in the game, not just in civstats)

I don't know what happened there, but please end it to get to the next turn asap.

Comment

• Confused, game was running all this time right? Just civstats was broken. Seems to show now that old turn has been reloaded.

Are we still in the last turn or old one now?

Comment

• I haven't reloaded anything. It seems like this turn lasted longer then the normal 21 hours though....

Comment

• it the game is with khmer and viking stick in diplo screen.

can not get out and had to force quit. sorry but game may be froze?

Comment

• I'll save and restart it.

Comment

• Game's been restarted, I hope everything is fine now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer
                                it the game is with khmer and viking stick in diplo screen.

can not get out and had to force quit. sorry but game may be froze?
                                just two notes.

One there are no vikings in this game!

Two , i wasnt aware we were in diplo screen at all

Comment

Working...
                                X