Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and this is coming from Khmer just too funny. Where was Khmer when for example India grabbed and gave no land what so ever for HRE to expand to. Now HRE has been pinned in the north east with who knows what.

You are free to persue whatever diplomacy you wish of course, but i have been seeing only security gifts from you to keep your borders safe.

game get boring if no international tensions and all nice
    4500 years I have seen you only nice, guess helps with progress

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal
      and this is coming from Khmer just too funny. Where was Khmer when for example India grabbed and gave no land what so ever for HRE to expand to. Now HRE has been pinned in the north east with who knows what.

You are free to persue whatever diplomacy you wish of course, but i have been seeing only security gifts from you to keep your borders safe.

4500 years I have seen you only nice, guess helps with progress
      he. you make fun of me. but you misunderstand.

it strategy to make border safe but when portugal ship sail all round like spain and want open border all along way it silly for all agree if it make huge gain and no gain to america, celtia and khmer.

khmer action is not liked in neighbour spain and now not portugal. it too easy to just be friend.

and i not mean war greece. i mean international diplomacy that is not always nice. khmer experimenting to cut down spain portugal trade that is suspected. khmer maybe wrong but it spice up thing.

you understand? or is my tongue half-ass you say. he. not khmer style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal Where was Khmer when for example India grabbed and gave no land what so ever for HRE to expand to. Now HRE has been pinned in the north east with who knows what.
        metal agree on take hre city for mission only to temporarily take iron resource. this when big spike in metal unit power.

this statement apply across board. not all players payiong attention and involve in dialog. funglish try hastings conference but all too hard.

it a problem with diplo current.

important diplo happen now for khmer and many message sent but few response.
        if dialog occur some get clarify on such events but it not happening. khmer check junglemail each day and reply if any message.

Comment

• it strategy to make border safe but when portugal ship sail all round like spain and want open border all along way it silly for all agree if it make huge gain and no gain to america, celtia and khmer.
          There is nothing silly, open borders benefit both Portugal and the other party equally. It is not true what you say that only one side benefits.

khmer action is not liked in neighbour spain and now not portugal. it too easy to just be friend
          When has Portugal asked you to be a friend, we just asked kindly for open borders.

After all your civ wanted more coorporation with other nations. Now that you said no Portugal moves on, no harm done.

Comment

• metal agree on take hre city for mission only to temporarily take iron resource. this when big spike in metal unit power.
            You misunderstood my statement; I was pointing to that map which India drew for HRE and taking all that western land from HRE. HRE was left with what it started I guess, with little or none space to expand. Not the quest mission.

I understand that strategically it would be unwise for you to make an enemy so close to home, but at least do not tell me that you are helping smaller civs as well. I understand your position and smart tactics (Thumbs up for that), but I disapprove of the Robin Hood marketing campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer

he. you make fun of me. but you misunderstand.

it strategy to make border safe but when portugal ship sail all round like spain and want open border all along way it silly for all agree if it make huge gain and no gain to america, celtia and khmer.

khmer action is not liked in neighbour spain and now not portugal. it too easy to just be friend.

and i not mean war greece. i mean international diplomacy that is not always nice. khmer experimenting to cut down spain portugal trade that is suspected. khmer maybe wrong but it spice up thing.

you understand? or is my tongue half-ass you say. he. not khmer style.

It is nice to see you find not opening borders to someone else as "spicing things up". What is next? Are you going to open borders then close it when the other person's ship is accross so that they can't get back home?

I got it how about since your bord I'll just go invade your lands I think that will "spice things up" enough for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal
                open borders benefit both Portugal and the other party equally. It is not true what you say that only one side benefits.
                this where i argue and need vet or pro advise please.

what my pic show is differences.

khmer experiment:

1) khmer shows no import/export with spain
                2) overall khmer had net 12m gold
                3) khmer close border with spain
                4) after this khmer net go up to 15m gold.

thus, after khmer close border to spain khmer increase it import/export.

conclusion of experiment:

all nation should not just have open border willy nilly, you say.
                but should look at ones of benefit and in particular close border if trade is negative.

i know import/export is automatic and changes from turn to turn but if civ player take time to analyse and make changes that benefit their civ it become a source of decision to spice up international relation - good for interesting diplo.

i not understand why portugal and japan just make fun.

khmer propose theory for consideration but vet/pro might shoot it down in flame you say.

so more broadly, khmer urge all player to look at all advisors and statistics each turn and think deep about their strategic choices.

it not just matter of log in and play turn by moving units, changing building queue and opening borders everywhere. it much more if you look deep.

Comment

• Sorry to do this here, but the mod is almost finished and I really need the leaders to be perfect so please CHECK OUT THIS THREAD and give me some feedback on some of these traits and civics.

Again, sorry to do this here but I want everyone to give me some feedback.
                  "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer

this where i argue and need vet or pro advise please.

what my pic show is differences.

khmer experiment:

1) khmer shows no import/export with spain
                    2) overall khmer had net 12m gold
                    3) khmer close border with spain
                    4) after this khmer net go up to 15m gold.

thus, after khmer close border to spain khmer increase it import/export.

conclusion of experiment:

all nation should not just have open border willy nilly, you say.
                    but should look at ones of benefit and in particular close border if trade is negative.

i know import/export is automatic and changes from turn to turn but if civ player take time to analyse and make changes that benefit their civ it become a source of decision to spice up international relation - good for interesting diplo.

i not understand why portugal and japan just make fun.

khmer propose theory for consideration but vet/pro might shoot it down in flame you say.

so more broadly, khmer urge all player to look at all advisors and statistics each turn and think deep about their strategic choices.

it not just matter of log in and play turn by moving units, changing building queue and opening borders everywhere. it much more if you look deep.
                    way too much work

lets just open borders and see what happens..

Comment

• @Khmer, you closed borders with civilizations on your continent, which resulted in moving your trade-routes to civilizations on the other continent. inter-continental trade-routes or long-distance trade-routes benefit you more.

I think that's why.

Comment

• @Khmer

Hope this helps!

Check this out:

Comment

• hard to logon again... keeps losing conenction to host

Comment

• This pitboss server is screwing up my connection.
                            When I close it and restart it, everything is fine again.

Well, I'll just reboot it every 3 days.....
                            I wonder what's making it performing like that.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Where is the posting of the last vote results?

Or are we not doing that anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                                Score table:

Code:
                                Position		Story	Diplo	Mili	Score	Total	Voted	Dif
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                01.(01)(05) Persia	16(--)	16(--)	15(--)	14(+1)	61(+1)	xxxx	+1
                                02.(03)(03) Rome	12(--)	18(--)	18(--)	12(-4)	60(-4)	xxxx	-1
                                03.(04)(01) Greece 	17(--)	11(-1)	13(+1)	16(+5)	57(+5)	xxxx	--
                                04.(06)(09) Vikings	14(--)	13(-1)	16(--)	11(+6)	54(+5)	xxxx	+2
                                05.(02)(02) Maya	10(+1)	10(-1)	17(--)	15(+1)	52(+1)	xxxx	--
                                06.(05)(03) Korea	18(--)	17(--)	12(-2)	03(--)	50(-2)	xxxx	-3
                                07.(07)(07) Khmer	13(+2)	12(+2)	06(-2)	18(--)	49(+2)	xxxx	--
                                07.(10)(08) Portug	07(+2)	15(+2)	10(--)	17(--)	49(+4)	--xx	-1
                                09.(12)(14) Japan	15(--)	08(+5)	14(-2)	02(+1)	39(+6)	xxxx	+2
                                10.(08)(06) Metal	12(-1)	7(-2)	11(+3)	08(-1)	38(-1)	xxxx	--
                                11.(09)(12) Natives	05(-2)	15(-1)	07(-1)	7(-5)	34(-9)	xx-x	-2
                                12.(14)(14) Spain	07(+2)	07(+1)	06(-2)	10(--)	30(+1)	xxxx	+2
                                13.(18)(17) England	08(-1)	09(--)	06(-2)	04(-3)	27(-6)	xxxx	-1
                                13.(10)(11) Russia	09(-1)	03(-1)	06(-2)	09(+3)	27(-1)	x---	+3
                                15.(13)(18) Inca	03(-2)	02(-1)	06(-2)	13(-2)	24(-7)	----	-2
                                16.(16)(10) America	03(-2)	02(-1)	10(-1)	06(-3)	21(-7)	-xx-	-1
                                16.(17)(13) HRE		05(-2)	04(-1)	06(-2)	06(+2)	21(-3)	-xx-	+2
                                18.(15)(16) Celts	03(-2)	05(-2)	08(-1)	01(-2)	17(-7)	xxxx	--

If I'm not mistaken these are last month's results.

Comment

Working...
                                X