Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They need to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm . . . .

maybe my hypocrisy detector was malfunctioning again.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I don't you're going to find a lot of believers in the free market who are genuinely happy with the bailouts, at most a grudging acceptance it's the lesser evil under current circumstances.
      Yet, calling it welfare is a little rich. If the gov't would offer 13% loans to distressed families on the condition that 80% of its property is to be attached (similar to AIG's bailout), you'd be calling it a robbery.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Actually it appears that most of the people who would be opposed to individual welfare oppose this as well:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...ess/index.html
        This could go in the Republicans are morons thread as well.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
          I don't you're going to find a lot of believers in the free market who are genuinely happy with the bailouts, at most a grudging acceptance it's the lesser evil under current circumstances.
          Yet, calling it welfare is a little rich. If the gov't would offer 13% loans to distressed families on the condition that 80% of its property is to be attached (similar to AIG's bailout), you'd be calling it a robbery.
          Yeah, I guess you're right.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
          X