I need YOUR help! Examples of lies by Republicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need YOUR help! Examples of lies by Republicans

I am making a list for something. I have a bunch, but help is welcome.

Can you help me come up with examples of lies, dishonest, unethical or illegal things done by Republicans in the last 9 years? Please include the name of the individual responsible if it was an individual or a small group. There are lots, I have a list but I want to grow it.

Christ. google is your friend. Forum war at another website?

Stevens, Ted
    Foley, Mark
    Craig, Larry (not the activity so much as the lying about resigning)
    Abramoff, Jack

And those are the easy ones.

Comment

No comment on why I need it .

I tried google but it is not my friend, I am good with google but it was hard to get actual lists, all I could get were things about specific events.

I had 3 of them but I somehow left off Abramoff, thanks!

Keep it coming folks.

Comment

vitter, david

Comment

Actually folks you can just give the names, most of them are so infamous you don't need to waste your time with what they did, unless it is someone who did a lot of things like say, Bush.

It can be as simple as a politician saying one thing and later, doing or saying something totaly opposite or hypocritical, I have a long list of those I am working up.

There are so many of them I just can't remember them all.
          Last edited by Vesayen; September 17, 2008, 19:21.

Comment

My all-time favorite is Tom Delay protecting slave labor (along with forced abortions) on Guam.

My current favorite is McSame's claim that Obama voted to teach kindergarderners how to have sex when he really voted to teach them how to protect themselves from sexual preditors.

Swiftboating.

Scooter Libby. Bush pardoning Scooter Libby.

Alberto Gonzalez trying to politicize the U.S. Atty's Office. Alberto Gonzalez not remembering that he tried to politicize the U.S. Attys Office.

Yellow Cake.

Chaney knowing where Saddam had his weapons of mass destruction.

Bush promising to be the "environmental president"

Bush saying the he'd follow the advice of his generals. Bush firing generals who didn't tell him what he wanted to hear.

Edit to add: Delegates to the Republican Convention mocking Obama's public service while holding signs saying "Service." That was just disgusting.

Sarah Palin's claiming to have been against "The Bridge to Nowhere," when her campaign motto was "Build the Bridge."
            Last edited by Zkribbler; September 17, 2008, 19:30.

Comment

Bush was responsible for Katrina too.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                Bush was responsible for Katrina too.
                You're confusing incompetence with unethical behavior.

Replacing FEMA leadership professionals with political hacks. Thanks, Ben.

Comment

Don't forget Rita and Ike
                  "

Comment

Replacing FEMA leadership professionals with political hacks.

How is that a lie?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Replacing FEMA leadership professionals with political hacks.

How is that a lie?
                      I'm classifying it under unethical behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        My current favorite is McSame's claim that Obama voted to teach kindergarderners how to have sex when he really voted to teach them how to protect themselves from sexual preditors.
                        This really isn't true.

Comment

An Op-ed piece in the National Review??

Do you really think ANY legistator ANYWHERE would vote to teach pre-schoolers how to have sex?!?

Comment

Even though the Op Ed said he called one of the sponsors of the bill, who said "absolutely not" when asked if the bill was just about inappropriate touching?

And quoting the bill itself:

Each class or course in comprehensive sex education in any of grades K through 12 shall include instruction on the prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including the prevention, transmission and spread of HIV.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Z-You're a lawyer, please interpret the bill for us:

Comment

Working...
                              X