A Favour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Favour

Hello, I'm back. I was having computer troubles lately, and coludn't be active. I've renewed work on the Korean War scenario; sorry it's taking so long, but said computer troubles set me back on it. I do need to ask a favour of anyone willing to help, though: I need the local flag of the Greater Manchester Area in England. A Google Search and even flagspot.net can't find it; they CAN find the flags of the Manchester Airports Group, the Manchester United Football Club, and the Towns of Manchester, Massechussetts and Manchester, New Hampshire, but none of that helps me. If someone could dig up that flag, I'd be grateful. But do look forward to the KW in final form coming soon. Thanks in advance!

Oh, wait ... you're looking specifically for the Greater ManchesterArea, and not anything else. My bad.
    Last edited by GhostOfDisco; September 15, 2008, 08:33.
    The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
    2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

If you found Man utd's badge, you've nearly got it - the city of Manchester coat of arms is a ship, and this appears on both the Man Utd and Man City football team badges. Greater Manchester is a pretty recent construct with no history btw.

Edit: I've got to ask - why do you need a flag for Greater Manchester, fantastic place though it undoubtedly is?
      Last edited by fairline; September 15, 2008, 09:13.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

here it is:
        Attached Files

Comment

Edit: I've got to ask - why do you need a flag for Greater Manchester, fantastic place though it undoubtedly is?
          I had a vision while half-asleep of a world-wide apocalypse that devastated most of the globe, but inexplicably left seven metropoli intact, none of which are major economic, cultural, or political centers, globally speaking. They then eventually head out from their city limits to resettle the ravaged Earth. But there are strange and fearsome barbarian units - and each other. I plan definitely on my home city of Edomonton, Canada, and Manchester was also a very likely one. I'm juggling many others, and am now open to suggestions, though I want them to be quite far apart. This is still in the VERY early concept stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Patine

I had a vision while half-asleep of a world-wide apocalypse that devastated most of the globe, but inexplicably left seven metropoli intact, none of which are major economic, cultural, or political centers, globally speaking. They then eventually head out from their city limits to resettle the ravaged Earth. But there are strange and fearsome barbarian units - and each other. I plan definitely on my home city of Edomonton, Canada, and Manchester was also a very likely one. I'm juggling many others, and am now open to suggestions, though I want them to be quite far apart. This is still in the VERY early concept stage.
            Ah, right. It might be said there are certain parts of Grtr Manchester that would experience very little visible change as the result of a global apocolypse. Whalley Range and Moss Side may have already experienced the global catastrophe of which you speak...

Comment

I plan definitely on my home city of Edomonton, Canada, and Manchester was also a very likely one.
              For the love of christ drop Manchester. Don't you know what the demonym for it is?

Comment

Nothing wrong with Mancs I'll have you know!

Comment

. . . . . I plan definitely on my home city of Edomonton, Canada . . . . . .
                  Afraid that I have never heard of Edomonton. Atlas no help. Where (or what) is it? A new Toronto suburb?

Thought I knew this country.
                  Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                  Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

A place specializing in Japanese food.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Har har! Just a typo. I meant Edmonton, of course, but you guys can't let me make a single spelling error without rubbing my face in the dirt. Some forums! *shakes head sadly*

Comment

How about either Lexington, KY or Victoria in good old British Columbia.
                          Please put Asher on your ignore list.
                          Please do not quote Asher.
                          He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Why not keep NE London, centered around Finsbury Park and Highbury & Islington?

Originally posted by Tecumseh
                            Patine, you need to publicise your spelling skills in your alias, not your posts.

Do you need any images for terrain inspiration? I could drive about a hour away within the Garden State and take pics.
                            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                              Why not keep NE London, centered around Finsbury Park and Highbury & Islington?
                              mini-Boco's old stamping ground? I think Manchester would be a far better place to begin recivillis(/z)ing the world, speaking from a completely unbiased point of view of course.

Talking of mini-Bocos, any news of the arrival of Bocette?

Originally posted by Tec(h)umseh
                              Patine, you need to publicise your spelling skills in your alias, not your posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X