AC knight : base = 10, +10% combat => ~ 11.0
    combat odds : 69.0%
    result : we lose, the elephant has 46/100 health left

=> GS lightly wounded axeman vs AC heavily wounded knight
    GS axeman : base = 5, wounded => ~4
    AC knight : base = 10, wounded, +10% combat => ~0.88
    combat odds : 99.9%
    result : we lose, the axeman takes no damage

Also, GS has put 2 war elephants + a warrior on the mine we destroyed which they are now rebuilding.
    no sig

Just keep up the building plan and massing our forces, I believe we have those new GP to consider, as I said build an Academy in Beijing and I'm in favor of taking DR with the GA.
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Ok, I've done most of the things...

=> Great Scientist -> academy in Being
      => Great Artist -> put research into divine right (1136/1716)
      => changed research to divine right
      => changed slider to 0% research, this gives us +166 gold (we had 16 gold)
      => checked up all cities
      => moved exploring caravels -> no new discoveries
      => moved units marching to the front

These units at the front still need new orders :

It seems linking to imageshack through apolytons external link system doesn't work anymore, so just copy/paste this url in a new browser window:
      http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=880adgsbattleoverviewso3.jpg

--> The 2 knights and the galley on its way to pick them up.
      Do we want to send in another party of 2 knights on the other side of their empire or do we back off and add these 2 knights to our main force ? I have no idea what would be best here...
      --> Our main attack force
      I guess they'll stay stationary for now, as nothing has really changed from previous turn.
      --> The lonely maceman on its way to the Vox capital.
      Should he continue now that he's spotted by the GS war elephant ? Should he get assistance of our 2 knights perhaps ? ...

Now, for our current build up of troops at the front :
      currently : 6 macemen + 6 cko-ko-nus + 3 catapults
      1 turn from rally point : 1 pikeman + 1 maceman
      3 turns from rally point : 1 pikeman
      4 turns from rally point : 1 pikeman
      5 turns from rally point : 2 pikemen
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PJayTycy; September 15, 2008, 09:05.
      no sig

Comment

I don't see any harm is having the Knights out in the Galley for continued pressure, ready to attack either the Iron mine location of the landing site near ivory if GS leaves an opening or gets sloppy, But is not a good idea to throw them at the GS cities as they clearly are defending them with Elephants. I'd just patrol them around for an extended period of time and when we do plan an invasion move them back to join the main force.

I'm in favor of waiting until we have archived Chemistry and upgraded to a massive Grenadier army which will roll over GS like like... something that rolls over weak things easily

What will our ETA to DR be once research is back on? Its 580 to go so I figure thats what 3 turns? Then its on to Education -> Liberalism -(free)-> Gunpowder-> Chemistry.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

that's too long, we can finish this earlier. As I understand it the plan is to keep running around their other cities by galley while massing in the north. Then we charge in and grind down each city in turn.

If we notice another city further in is weak we could hit there instead. But just getting units close enough to see their defences works better as it'll force them to move other units back to defend, weakening the front.

Comment

What about dropping 1knight 1pike stacks?
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I think we'll need those 5 pikes in our main attack force.

Impaler, we also still need to finish philosophy (~1100) before we can get liberalism. Also, gunpowder is a relatively cheap tech. It's cheaper than liberalism, so is it really worth it to spend our "free tech" on it? And if so, wouldn't it be faster to just research gunpowder instead of liberalism...

So, I'll load up the knights then and sail close to GS' borders, in the hope they divert some of their defenses.
              Last edited by PJayTycy; September 16, 2008, 10:55.
              no sig

Comment

Working...
              X