Late game struggle on Monarch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late game struggle on Monarch

I am playing the Romans on Monarch and in an endgame going for a space race victory, which I think I am likely to win.
    However, Montezuma and Alexander - the only two AI:s remaining - have sort of teamed up. They have really good relations, which will lead to a diplomatic victory for Montezuma. Is there any way at all to avoid this? Any way to spoil their relationship??
    Somehow bribing Montezuma into attacking Alexander?

Any other comments about the game?
    Attached Files

Comments greatly appreciated, by the way.

Comment

To prevent a diplomatic victory if everyone hates you then the main things to do are:

1. Get enough population such that you can prevent anyone else from winning diplomaticly.

2. For the love of ____, don't build the UN if don't have enough population to prevent a diplomatic loss.

(To prevent a diplomatic loss you just need > 1/3rd of the total votes in the members subtag. If no one has built the UN your probably ok if your percent of the population on the stat tag is > 35%.)
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Thanx. I have a lot of population, but appearently not enough to prevent the ai from winning the voting this time.
        Of course I didn't build the UN myself.
        Is there any way to prent the AI from winning a diplo-win in this specific game at this moment of the save?

Comment

Well, with only 3 total players left in the game, your population points are realtively small if you have less than 1/3rd the total.

And actually can't be fixed in one turn on your turn you can cause a shift in the puesdo-random number generated away from that AI calling a diplomatic victory vote and onto something else say a global civic.

A second possibility is you aquiring one or more cities that turn (or at least raize one or more of there's) to increase your voting share above 1/3rd.

Way before the AI is willing to vote someone else the winner they'll never join in a war against that other player.
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The first thing I do is to disable the diplo victory. Yes, I know it is not politically correct because all people must become brothers (and sisters) and live in harmony and agreement. Guess what - I am sick of this kind of communist utopia...
            And besides I yet have to see how a bunch of unsignificant states may choose even more unsignificant leader to become a world leader... especially when my tank generals doesn't like the idea.
            But I don't live in US so I can not care if I am not a politically correct. Let the US lawyers sue me.

Comment

Invade.. destroy the city that contains the UN
              "Peace through superior firepower."

Comment

Originally posted by eHandel
                The first thing I do is to disable the diplo victory. Yes, I know it is not politically correct because all people must become brothers (and sisters) and live in harmony and agreement. Guess what - I am sick of this kind of communist utopia...
                And besides I yet have to see how a bunch of unsignificant states may choose even more unsignificant leader to become a world leader... especially when my tank generals doesn't like the idea.
                But I don't live in US so I can not care if I am not a politically correct. Let the US lawyers sue me.
                LOL Can you disable a victory condition after the game has started?

Comment

Nope, you can only disable victory conditions before the game starts.

Well, I guess you could use a time machine if you had called a diplomatic vote and it resulted in a diplomatic loss. And if someone else had called the vote resulting in your diplmoatic loss in addition to the time machine you could zap the UN via the world editor.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

I remember back in the vanilla version someone wrote a hack to change the victory conditions on games already started. It worked fine. It's hard to believe that it would be that hard to modify it for BTS. There must be a copy of it around somewhere.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Do you have nuclear weapons built....if you can deal with having them all declare war on you nuking the city with the UN is always an option...
                      A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Originally posted by emeseles View Post
                        Invade.. destroy the city that contains the UN

Listen to the man. Raze the city with the UN in it. You will win your space victory if you do this and hold on to your own capitol. Nuking the city is only useful if you then take it and raze it. Nukes do not destroy wonders and, AFAIK won't completely obliterate a city in the game.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Well, reduce their population with nukes... no need to take cities for that - just need enough bombs...

Comment

Working...
                          X