Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista - loading + error

Hi!

I have problem with my ctp saves. I have: ctp + patch 1.2 + hack 1.21 + apolyton pack + alternative cursors + windows 95 compatibility mode on file civctp.exe

When I'm trying to load one of my games I suddenly have error: "SLIC Error
    String ID 'ADVANCE_FUNDAMENTALISM_HELP' not found" when I click OK I have another error "SLIC Error
    String ID 'UNIT_NOBLE_HELP' not found" once again OK and:
    "SLIC Error
    String ID 'UNIT_SIEGE_ENGINE_HELP' not found"

etc

simply, I can't load my previous game. I tried reinstall of apolyton pack and ctp (didn't help).

Could someone help me?

Regards

Bellator -- Did you fix this? Apparently, some other folks are having problems with Vista. Can you share your solution?

Comment

I looked on the internet and found the following regarding Vista and CtP. Apparently there has been some success running CtP via a virtual machine running Windows 98 or XP. See below quote from CivFanatics forum:

Posted by Slinky360 July 2007 -- "Maybe everybody already knows this, but i will post for those who dont. I had trouble getting ctp to run on my vista system (kept crashing to desktop). After looking around on the net for options, i came across Virtual PC 2007. This is available free for download at microsoft and it lets you run other operating systems inside a window. You will need the original os cd. I installed win98. The program gives the guest os part of your hard drive to use. Once more, the guest os (win98 in my case) had no trouble using my sound card, graphics card, etc... In the past i have had lots of trouble setting up a dual boot os, only to find win98 could not use my hardware. Now ive installed ctp on the guest os (win98) and it runs no probs.

Comment

Working...
      X