A Question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question:

I'm in a H2H baseball league over at CFC and the commish (El Justo) has locked the consolation bracket out for the play offs. He wants to give the top bracket priority but wont even let the other bracket (my bracket ) drop players to make room for people coming off the DL. Is that appropriate? I understand giving the top bracket some priority but to act like the consolation bracket dont even exist is not how we've run things here that I recall.

I'm terribly biased, the same guy changed the pitching positions from 3-2-3 to 5-3 after we drafted and refused to change it back so I'm already pissed off at the guy.

Obviously changing the rules after you started is a bad idea, unless the entire league agrees to the change, but locking out the consolation teams seems harsh as a penalty, I can understand penalizing them in some way, but to lock them out of making changes is way extreme. How do the other players feel about the changes?

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

you can edit yer team but you cant pick from the waiver wire. But if you got a guy on the DL you cant make room for him by dropping a player. Thats buggin me, yahoo should allow the option of locking just adds and leave drops alone. Anyway, why cant the commish just tell the consolation bracket to not add players and leave em unlocked? If someone forgets and adds a player, the commish can change it back and lock the offender until they are told not to add players.

Comment

Sounds crazy to me!

It's sh1t like that that caused me to stop entering money leagues anymore. I got screwed big time by the Commish in a money league one time that cost me a minimum of $200 and perhaps as much as $1500.

Since then it's amatuer leagues only for me.

Comment

Just read my post and didn't want to convey the wrong idea. By "amateur league" I meant non-money. I did not mean that the apoly leagues and others I join are non-quality.

Comment

Total bull****.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I disapprove of the commish's actions, even if I don't know dick about baseball.

This is just rubbish power abuse

Comment

The guy is being a jerk, and there's no reason for it. Might as well lock the consolation bracket from playing at all. To be this misguided requires one (or both) of two things to be true: He's an a$$hole, or he's an idiot.

Probably both.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What a maroon....
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey, I'm a Maroon. Don't lump losers like that in with me

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The capital "M" makes all the difference...
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yep... just ask Bugs Bunny
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, I was beginning to think I was the crazy one. The commish has a couple vocal supporters while I suspect other people just dont wanna get into it on behalf of a whining newbie but I made a mistake - he changed the pitching from 5SP-3RP-2P to 5SP-3RP. I tried to explain to him he was skewing the draft by nearly halving our ability to compete for holds and saves but I was ignored.

At least 1 person at CFC said they'd be mad as hell if they were in a championship game and someone in another match added a player they wanted. How do y'all feel about that? Its never bothered me other than my usual grimace at UR beating me to the latest phenom to hit the waiver wire and we've never had a big discussion about it that I know of, but I suppose I can see their point, sorta... The system is first come first serve but I can see trying to limit waiver wire denizens like me from grabbing players.

I just wish the commish had given us a chance to make adjustments, I had a bye so I didn't pay attention to my team until I was getting ready for my 1st match and saw what he did. Btw, I just picked up and then dropped a couple SPs in our FFZ league since I'm playing for 5th and its over for me. I get so wrapped up in my matches I dont even think of the people playing for all the marbles. Sorry

Comment

CFC sucks. What did you expect?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Anyone who changes the rules after the draft (pitching distribution) is unfit to be commissioner. Period.

Comment

Working...
                              X