insert disk 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insert disk 2

Well i'm playing CTP2 since it went out and for some weird reason (i lived in Quebec for a long time) i got the french version of CTP2... For years i played multiplayer and one game out of 10 wouldn't crash. I recently found the cd again and reinstalled it. And i was happy to find this site here that has continued to fix the game... but after installing everything from AOM to AOMIV, it seems that the french version of the CD is not good enough for the AOM... is there any fix for that or do i have to buy another version, in english this time ??

Re: insert disk 2

Originally posted by incantare
    is there any fix for that or do i have to buy another version, in english this time ??
    Buying another CD wouldn't help, it is a problem with AOM or that you installed the game from another CD, which is different to that one you use.

Anyway, on the CD is a file called texture.dat, it is in G:\Setup\data\Add\ctp2_program\ctp\ (if your CD drive is G:\). You find another copy of texture.dat in the CTP2 program directory. This copy must be identical to the one on the CD. So all you have to do is to copy the file from the CD into program directory, which is ..\ctp2_program\ctp\.

The problem with AOM or at least with some earlier versions of it is that it comes with all the files that the game installer installs onto the hard drive including texture.dat. And if that version of texture.dat does not match the version on your CD you get problems.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks for the tip, saved me a heap of trouble trying to figure this one out Now I'm off to play the game!

Comment

Working...
      X