Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha Centauri Declares Itself The One True Ruler Of This Planet And The Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri Declares Itself The One True Ruler Of This Planet And The Universe

BEING - TEAM ALPHA CENTAURI
    for immediate publication

TEAM ALPHA CENTAURI DECLARES ITSELF THE ONE TRUE RULER OF THIS PLANET AND THE -AS OF YET UNDISCOVERED- UNIVERSE

880AD - We have scouting parties all over the world.

We know the diplomatic people who call themselves "Gathering Storm". We know the whereabouts of their cities and the location of their most important resources. We have much experience in diplomatic contacts with them, and we know how to get them to do what we want (just do what they want). In recent times this diplomatic experience has been neglected a bit and we are now getting to know their military defenses. It's a tough defense. We had some succes at the beginning of our war, mostly due to the surprise effect, but GS re-organised themselves and held off our attack at the next city. This was a severe setback, but from this experience we knew we had to focus on surprises. We loaded up some of our troops on galleys and started pinching at strategically important, but relatively undefended spots along their coast. Some of these attacks were very succesful, some others made us lose small parts of our army. All of them however, made it necessary for GS to spread out their defensive army instead of concentrating on one city at a time. This is where we stand now, we don't claim a millitary victory over GS -yet-. We are sure though, that in the long run, we will win this war.

We also have some scouts roaming about on a different continent. We discovered the three tribes of "The Horde", "The Mercenaries" and "Sarantium". Between each of these three, there is some area of wasteland, as a reminder of some violent wars they must have fought between each other. Now everything seemed peaceful there and our scouts didn't notice any direct hostillity towards team AC. However, they could feel very clearly the trust between these tribes themselves is gone forever. Our galleys are on the way to pick them up again, because we think the wastelands between those territories won't be a peaceful place for much longer.

We have sailed around the globe and didn't find any other tribes. It seems there is no real peaceful place anywhere on this planet and that's a pity. The population of this world is constantly declining. Several hundred years ago, our scouts used to encounter lots and lots of friends from different tribes while walking through the woods. Now however, it seems as if we could walk up to the center of these territories without encountering anyone. All vibrant cities have become empty ghost towns. We have started to see this happening in team AC too and it's not a pretty sight. The things our people used to do for fun, seem to have become a chore now.

If we want to survive as a species and not become the food or slaves of some wild animals, we have to unite. The only solution we see, is to start living together. All of us. We will encounter new interesting people, we will be able to exchange stories and experience. The ghost towns will be revitalised and morale will rise again. This is our vision.

We welcome all of you to move to our houses and unite under the glory of The One Yang! While it might be seen as arrogant by some, we really do believe team AC will be the best home for all of us. To quote an influencial member of the government :
    We are far and away ahead on all aspects of the Demographics screen an our industrial and technological might mean we can easily absorb 2:1 losses in warfare with GS, thus our victory over them is inevitable.

Team Alpha Centauri

[end role-play]

We would like to welcome any guests in our forum, wheter they were part of any team or just visitors who don't even have a login on apolyton. We want our forum publicly open, because we think it's the best way to encourage new visitors to participate in (new) demogames.
    Last edited by PJayTycy; September 4, 2008, 10:28.
    no sig

Aren't you guys supposed to be building a spaceship and getting the heck out of here?

OOC: Nice write up!
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Couple things.

1. Congratulations. Would love to hear how it all went down 'over there'.

2. If there are no objections, and we are calling this game, this should be made a news item.

3. IS it (easily) possible, on a technical level, to grant access to the private forums? at any rate, (I'll double check with the team, but don't foresee any problem), anyone is welcome to the Merc Forum once the game is over. If you have to join and let me approve anyone that wants access, so be it.

You know you all want my super crappy icon next to your name.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        Couple things.

1. Congratulations. Would love to hear how it all went down 'over there'.

2. If there are no objections, and we are calling this game, this should be made a news item.

3. IS it (easily) possible, on a technical level, to grant access to the private forums? at any rate, (I'll double check with the team, but don't foresee any problem), anyone is welcome to the Merc Forum once the game is over. If you have to join and let me approve anyone that wants access, so be it.

You know you all want my super crappy icon next to your name.
        1. Ditto, congratulations to a well played game
        2. I agree, would AC like to add a little official blurb to the above next, so that the whole post could be made the official announcement?
        3. It should be quite easy for an admin to remove the restricted access to any forum, just need to PM Locutus/Solver/DanQ I think. I'll check in the GS forum, but I can't see anyone complaining.
        Last edited by Krill; September 5, 2008, 11:06.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Good game.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Congrats to AC

Disclaimer: This was only as myself and does not neccesary reflect the views of Sarantium .
            Last edited by joncnunn; September 10, 2008, 20:00.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

For this to be official each other team is going to have to officially concede the game on this board.

Until that happens it's business as usual AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by Lacero
                For this to be official each other team is going to have to officially concede the game on this board.

Until that happens it's business as usual AFAIK
                Agreed.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

GS conceeds?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I look forward to opening the forums.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Wait... demogames actually have endings?
                      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

So, let's see:

Vox --> killed by GS+AC
                        The Horde -->
                        Gathering Storm --> agrees with AC win (Krill here + NYE in turn tracking)
                        Alpha Centaurians --> agree with AC win (obviously)
                        Banana --> killed by GS
                        Sarantium -->
                        Mercenaries --> agree with AC win (UnO in turn tracking)

So, what do Horde and Sarantium say ?
                        no sig

Comment

If you don't want to concede it would probably clear things up if you say so rather than staying silent. A quick post saying you're discussing it would also be good.

There's been too many long pauses in the game for silence to mean anything.

Comment

Sarantium/the Horde ARE wanting to continue, and attempting to convince the Mercs and GS to do so.

Why the silence, I don't know.

If there is someone on GS that WANTS to continue, I have comitted to make sure the Mercs move turns in a timely manner.

My understanding is that NYE is asking around GS through private channels to see if there is such a player.
                            Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 10, 2008, 16:49.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

My understanding is that NYE is asking around GS through private channels to see if there is such a player.
                              Mine too.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X