Mitt Romney has gone crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitt Romney has gone crazy

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin introduced herself to the world Wednesday by calling herself a "hockey mom" and then asking what the difference was between a hockey mom and a pit bull.

"We need change all right -- change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington."
    I could've sworn the Republicans were in power the last eight years.

He threw his support behind vice presidential pick Sarah Palin, saying the McCain-Palin ticket "will keep America as it has always been -- the hope of the world."
    Apparently he's unaware that Palin is a laughing stock in most of the United States and all of the world.

Also:
    Huckabee, according to prepared remarks, will expand on the convention's theme, "Country First," and will discuss McCain's "love of America, vision for the future and long record of service and sacrifice on our behalf."
    Yes, we know McCain served. **** you for pretending like service in the military and patriotism means you get to be president.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I don't think Palin is the laughing stock of anyone, particularly. Obama has taken a much higher ground than his supporters.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

She's a laughing stock of a candidate regardless of her family problems.

The looming abuse of power scandal, the complete and utter lack of any reasonable experience, etc. She's a pretty woman selected to get all of the angry lesbian Hillary Clinton supporters who vowed not to vote for Obama. It's a charade. She's a blatant pawn, a laughing stock

The fact that her daughter is preggers and her husband is in the running for the biggest hick in the world is inconsequential, but a nice bonus.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Palin is apparently the laughing stock of US politics, which is the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

Hummm... I always though Micheal Palin was one of the better member of the Monty Python team.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

That Michael Palin joke gets better every time I hear it.

Comment

More pure awesomeness from tonight's comedy fest:

"We will never allow America to retreat in the face of evil extremism," Romney said.

Yes, the extreme evil Christian right will not retreat in the face of evil extremism. They would be running from themselves.

She tied oil, a major industry in her home state of Alaska, to foreign policy and national security on a night when convention delegates repeatedly burst into chants of "Drill now, baby, drill now!"

Yeah, baby! Because we can immediately tap enough oil not only to meet China's rising oil demand over the next 4 years, we can exceed their demand to the point of lowering our energy bills simply by DRILLING MORE! YEAR! MOAR DRILLING USA! USA! USA!

"It's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform, not even in the state Senate," she said of Obama at the Republican National Convention.

The crowd erupted with chants of "Zero!" and some delegates made zeroes with their fingers.

I'm not sure the mayor of Wasilla should be making these claims, it stinks of blatant hypocrisy...

All in all, a terrific conference. Certainly more entertaining then the democrats' thus far. I like how they didn't address issues but instead dealt with rhetoric the American people would understand: "DRILL MORE NOW!", "Obama is a zero, McCain is a hero", "USA USA USA", "They're coming for your money!"

Shamelessly pandering to the Republicans' most loyal constituents: ****ing dumbasses. And proud of it.

USA! USA! USA!

Comment

Palin is a friggan joke. I don't really care about bourgeois politics, but even by GOP standards, yeesh!!! Ans she'd be a heartbeat from the Presidency.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Jon Stewart's skewering of the conservative pundits defending Palin's record tonight was freaking brilliant.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It also made Palin look like the only sane one of the bunch. (At least on that issue.)

Comment

**shrug** It's early yet in the campaign ... I'm hoping the issues (economy, federal debt, overseas wars, etc.) come back into focus, though, rather than this culture "war" crappola and, as usual, the dumping on the "librul" media.

America really can't afford to focus on such fringe issues that — while pleasing to partisans in both the Democratic and Republican parties — have little to no impact on the average person.

That, or America had better get used to being a second- or third-rate power in the 21st century.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Bleepin' christian evangelical right doesn't even see themselves as extremists.

And now for an extreme example:
                      ... even when they hide an abortion-clinic bomber in their midst.
                      Extremist may be too mild a term; how about terrorist.

They're all about telling other people how to think and how to act. That was SATAN's goal, you dumb sh**s!

Comment

I watched some of the Nuremberg rally, I mean Republican convention.

Jesus, I never realized that things were that bad.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          I watched some of the Nuremberg rally, I mean Republican convention.

Jesus, I never realized that things were that bad.
                          Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

(For some reason the RNC made me think of that instead. I know I suck. )

EDIT: (( But not THAT way! ))
                          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Romney has always been insane. The really hilarious thing about the Republican National convention has been listening to them pretend they're political outsiders when they spent most of the last decade in control of all three branches of government and royally screwed everything up.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              Jon Stewart's skewering of the conservative pundits defending Palin's record tonight was freaking brilliant.
                              I love that show.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X