Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats it going to take to export the terrain files and import them back in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it going to take to export the terrain files and import them back in?

?

Care to elaborate?
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

i am pretty sure he means changing the graphics of the terrain tiles themselves. i dont have an answer, but i dont think this has come up yet.

===============
      give me a second to get straightened out
      ================

Comment

yah, I just hate some of the terrain images, they are either so messy or too dark. I also don't like the farms, they don't link up like in civ2, so it doesn't look like you've done a lot of work to your land. So I want to work on fixing that for myself.

Why don't Activision 'get it'? These guys DO play civ don't they?

I feel like, some company has taken Monkey Islands story, and ripped out the jokes, killed elaine and made lechuck nice.

Comment

I gues this is a subject that hasn't really been approached yet...

Editing the game graphics isn't going to be an easy one, I guess unless we find someone good enough to hack the way the guys at activision compiled the game graphics.

I know of a few guys that did great work on the might & magic series, where the system was similar, all the game graphics compiled into a few huge files. They found a way to extract the graphics for editing, and put them back in...

Unfortunately, they are not interested in civ games... :-(

But maybe these postings are gonna make some ideas sprout? I certainly do hope! those farm graphics are really hideous, especially the advanced one, they completely destroy the look of the map later in the game when you have a lot of them...

Peace, Aeon of Time
          "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
          "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
          Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

I was working with some people on the inside of Activision for several months, getting the Alexander scenario together. During that time, I repeatedly pestered Mr. Ogre about allowing the terrain graphics to be changed. He gave some vague promises that he would do something about it, but obviously only as a low priority, if other stuff was done. He said the game would have to be shipped first before he considered it.

So recently I emailed him again to see what's up on this issue, but haven't gotten a response. I also asked about the Samurai scenario, which if you'll notice contains a few terrain graphics different from the regular game (for instance a bridge and a village). How they did that, I'd sure like to know.

I think if they get to this in a patch will depend on how much people ask for it.

Comment

well, wicked, the shores are the best terrain tile by far, but I can't stand some of the others!

Comment

Working...
              X