Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Orion (Free Masters of Orion-like game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Orion (Free Masters of Orion-like game)

Has anyone here played it? Is it any good?

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

/nm
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Reading the wiki, it doesn't appear to be in a playable state yet. Though it looks promising... when they get to the 0.5 release I'll be very interested in trying it out.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Been following it for years. Never has it been in a playable state and it looks to have stalled over the last few years as most indie projects generally do.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I was helping them a few years ago but it was indeed starting to stall, I've decided that any project that has a Designer:Programmer ratio of more then 1:1 is doomed.
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

At least it looks better than FreeCiv.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Alas, vaporware.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

shame. looks good going on the screenies.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                  I was helping them a few years ago but it was indeed starting to stall, I've decided that any project that has a Designer:Programmer ratio of more then 1:1 is doomed.
                  What kinds of problems has freeOrion been running into?

Comment

Working...
                  X