Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's heaven like?

Will my deceased kitties be there?
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Only if they found Jebus.

Comment

Re: What's heaven like?

Originally posted by Perfection
      Will my deceased kitties be there?
      I've given this a lot of thought. I can only come up with 2 possibilities.
      The first, which I don't believe, is that you're as happy to see all as you are happy to see any.

The second, which makes more sense to my mortal mind, is that each individual is with an improved happiest part of their life here. I can be with my daughter's mother, my daughter's mother can be in her time. Maybe they're the same, but maybe not. Pets included.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If pets are included, I'm not going.

Comment

As far as I know Christian mythology, only people have immortal souls. When animals die, their soul perishes as well.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I've given this a lot of thought. I can only come up with 2 possibilities.

The first, which I don't believe, is that you're as happy to see all as you are happy to see any.
            Time has no meaning there. Each day is just like each other one. We will see our old family again, and our friends of days gone past.

You won't be married because there will be no marriages in heaven, even those who are married, will no longer be so.

All the physical ills and infirmities will pass, I presume we will see ourselves as we would want to be.

The second, which makes more sense to my mortal mind, is that each individual is with an improved happiest part of their life here. I can be with my daughter's mother, my daughter's mother can be in her time. Maybe they're the same, but maybe not. Pets included.
            I think they would be together, but I also think that we would be able to relive our memories, and they would be just as real as anything else. We wouldn't have to leave them if we didn't want to.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Heaven for me would be to have all knowledge. And since it's kinda assumed that certain things are known only to God, it's suck. Heaven would be my hell.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                As far as I know Christian mythology, only people have immortal souls. When animals die, their soul perishes as well.
                That's because you're a dumbass. Have you not heard then of the lion lying down next to the lamb? You're telling me that God is a micro manager? Look around you. Are you clocking in to any hints? You're supposed to be happy. Winston doesn't like animals. So, ok. His heaven, no animals. I get all I want. It's my damn heaven.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Oh, I like animals. Just not the ones people keep around for company.

I get all I want. It's my damn heaven.

I think you're starting to confuse it with a stag party.

Comment

Well gosh, Winston. It's forever amd it's heaven. One would think I get to be happy. Pleasantly pleased isn't going to cut it.

Comment

Yes well I'll ask for the complaint dept. first thing I arrive, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        Time has no meaning there. Each day is just like each other one.
                        If this were true, what would be the point? Sounds dang boring to me.

You won't be married because there will be no marriages in heaven, even those who are married, will no longer be so.
                        Okay, this where it really gets to me. To live every day for eternity not being married to my wonderful husband would be eternal hell. What is the point of being faithful, true, and growing in love each day if we could not be together forever?

Plus, I think kitties can come too
                        In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

My understanding of heaven is a little different. It's not about hedonistic pleasure, or even necessarily happiness as we understand it. We are there because a)we accepted Jesus Christ, and b)want to serve/glorify him. For example, people will have jobs in heaven - that's somewhat implied in the Bible, IIRC. There will of course be rewards, but not, I think, as we could understand them.
                          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Heaven is going to be wonderful . I am not saying I have bought tickets, but I definitely would if I could. Perhaps I should clarify. Priests abuse children sexually and are scolded, but John Edwards is rewarded. I think that there has to be a line drawn in our society involving the relationship between heaven and sex. Anyone who has ever seen an angel knows that the pieces are missing. Can they be retrieved?

Ben Kenobi: you seem to have had a near death experience so you can answer this better than anyone. Can we watch TV shows in heaven, such as Lost? Will we be able to cheat and watch the end ahead of time? Thanks in advance. I'm going to go start a dot com and make several million dollars with an IPO in ten years.

Comment

Heaven will be when people stop being *******s to each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X