United Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Nations

Can anyone help me find the files that control the UN voting mechanism?

I'm trying to build a mod that includes a vote every 100 turns, and want to know where I need to put my edits.

I'm not worried if it's XML, Python, or SDK. I can handle the lot, I just need to know where to start.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Hey what's up MMC?

At the risk of upsetting people; people don't really help out much at this site. You should try at www.civfanatics.com, they're much more helpful over there (probably because more people use it). I posted asking about something that wound up being pretty simple and I didn't get a single reply, and that was like two months ago.

Good luck though, I'm waiting for you.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Poly is the Soivet Union of civ sites.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

CIV4VoteInfos.xml and CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml in the GameInfo folder for starters.

What was that C4AC toolkit?
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Hey MMC for the DiploGame mod we are also going to need to add an inquisitor unit. When I'm done fine-tuning the extra leaders/trait combos I will start looking around to see how to do it and get graphics for it and stuff, but if you could maybe try and help out a bit that would be great.

Comment

I asked the same question on both Poly and CFC. Poly used to be the friendlier, more helpful site... but CFC are more, well, fanatical about Civ and don't drift away as much.

The C4AC Toolkit was just a load of free and open-source tools that I collected into a single zip for people to use. Things like the DDS plugin for Photoshop, the Photoshop plugin module for the GIMP, the Gimp itself, SciTE (a simple notepad replacement with some great coding features), and a host of other little tools. It needs updating, but for now, try http://mediafire.com/C4AC

As for the Inquisitor, that sounds easier than the UN . Contact me on MSN and I'll see what I can do. More than likely I'll try and walk you through the code, rather than doing it myself, that way I can get on with the voting mod while you work on the unit.
            Last edited by MMC; August 26, 2008, 20:57.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

Sounds good to me, I've finished adding all of the new leaders (other than Sumeria and Babylon, but that won't be a problem when that arises). My next move will be to work on the Inquisitor. I just want to fine tune the new leaders to make sure their trait combos allow for more dynamic games. Once I finish that I should be able to throw the inquisitor in. We do need to make sure we handle technical issues on how the unit will work such as;

- Should we allow the unit to remove religions from other civ's cities? If so under what circumstances?

- What should be the penalty for using the inquisitor? (money, disorder, population)

- What would be the requirements for building the inquisitor? (tech, building, civic)

- Should there be a limit on the amount you can have at a time? (like a missionary)

- Cost in hammers.

- What tech makes the inquisitor obselete?

But we can discuss that at a different juncture. Now the issue with the voting; what exactly will be voted on and how can we set it to actually keep track?

And BTW; I am glad you are working on this. I think we are really doing a HUGE service to the Diplogaming community here. I'll contact you about all of this stuff when I am done with the leader traits.

Comment

The plan for the voting system is to have 3 votes every 100 turns (about 2-3 turns apart so as not to spam players with several popups all on one turn). These votes would effectively replace the votes that are currently tallied manually by Cyber. The actual votes would probably be the same, but the system would be in-game, automated, and stored.

Comment

Is that possible? And would you have to come up with a program to actually view them? Also, would you be able to see who voted for who? (like in the game for the UN) or would be it private?

Comment

agreed a great service to all future diplo games.

Well done the two of you.
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Now if it would be possible to mod the game so that vouchers would be ingame too...
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

That actually would be a good idea, but I think that may be beyond our pay-grade. Unless you guys wanna kick us some loot.

Actually I don't know that it would be possible to have vouchers act the way we want them to.

Comment

Working...
                        X