IGN: Dutch Faction Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN: Dutch Faction Profile

The reliable folks over at IGN have posted today a full profile on the Dutch faction!

While not a monarchy in the traditional sense, the House of Orange-Nassau played an invaluable role in the history of the Netherlands. The first member of the House of Orange to earn great renown was William of Orange, known colloquially as "William the Silent." His political and military savvy helped to loosen the Spanish hold on the provinces of the Netherlands for the first time in almost a century. He eventually earned the position of Stadtholder, effectively placing the fate of the Netherlands in his hands. William would struggle valiantly, securing numerous concessions for his nation, before being assassinated in 1584.

IGN have stated they will post the details of one faction a week in alphabetical order. The full article can be found here.

They mismatched Pieter Stuyvesant and Adriaen van der Donck.

The 3-pages long article is great though. But then again, having read thoroughly on Dutch early-modern history (The Dutch Republic) I can say that the history posted on the first page is not totally accurate.
    «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Hmm, no mention of the dutch starting with a bigger ship this time around
      Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

I have read otherwise elsewhere though... I'm pretty sure they do...
        «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

yay
          Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
          -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Working...
          X