No announcement yet.

If the entire world was one country...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the entire world was one country...

What would we name it? Earth? Or is that a name given to the entire planet, not an area on the planet where humans specifically live, in which case, we would need a name for that area. What could it be?

Also, what would it be like? I think America is a good case example, the world would be united under one government, but the land would still be divided into states, perhaps very large states, but generally quite consistent in size and shape, governed by a governor of course, and then those states would be sub-divided into smaller "sub-states".

Now, as in America, if two states were to go to war with one another, it would be a civil-war, which would involve the ENTIRE world, and I think that is one good reason NOT to go to war with any other state, of course, all governors would probably not be given the power to even wage a war.

I think for a world like this to work, each state would have to be fairly mixed in culture and ideas, so that there is no clear distinction from one state to another, religion would have to be a minority and have no power in the government, kind of like a circus.

Lastly, where in the world would the government house itself? Nepal? South Pole? I believe it would have to be some neutral area, an area with no history of conflict. I don't think you could have several government houses, that would just add too must spice to the pot, you really need one massive central area, where all the decisions are made.

I like to dream.
    be free

Only way to achieve this is when China assimilates and brainwashes us all, and then gradually import Han-Chinese all over the world, effectively outcompeting the original populace. You know, a bit like they're doing in Tibet and Xinjiang.
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Re: If the entire world was one country...

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
      What would we name it? Earth? Or is that a name given to the entire planet, not an area on the planet where humans specifically live, in which case, we would need a name for that area. What could it be?

Also, what would it be like? I think America is a good case example, the world would be united under one government, but the land would still be divided into states, perhaps very large states, but generally quite consistent in size and shape, governed by a governor of course, and then those states would be sub-divided into smaller "sub-states".

Now, as in America, if two states were to go to war with one another, it would be a civil-war, which would involve the ENTIRE world, and I think that is one good reason NOT to go to war with any other state, of course, all governors would probably not be given the power to even wage a war.

I think for a world like this to work, each state would have to be fairly mixed in culture and ideas, so that there is no clear distinction from one state to another, religion would have to be a minority and have no power in the government, kind of like a circus.

Lastly, where in the world would the government house itself? Nepal? South Pole? I believe it would have to be some neutral area, an area with no history of conflict. I don't think you could have several government houses, that would just add too must spice to the pot, you really need one massive central area, where all the decisions are made.

I like to dream.
      I think I gave you way too many ideas in the other thread.

Comment

I envision it being called the Terran Federation.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Not Klingon? I'm disappointed.

Comment

CCCP. Everyone's wearing it.

Comment

how is it called on star trek?
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

If the entire world was one country...

The some rebels would try to break loose
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Ans we would crush them...

SO SAY WE ALL !!!
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Earth Alliance.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Nuclear Pock-Markistan. <- if I join the next society game thats mine, no one else can have it.
                      Last edited by Whoha; August 12, 2008, 10:14.

Comment

Gee if it was 10 times more successful than the UN, it would still be an abject failure.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If the entire world was one country... I would hope that unification had been achieved through enlightened self determination, not totalitarian aggression.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

religious radicals,,,,,,enlightened thinking.

Military juntas,

NAW, I don't see it happening.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Final Caliphate.

Comment

Working...
                              X