Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinchak: this question is raised becuase there are a few players who just oftenly don't finish their turns, no matter if it's 12, 15 or 20h per turn.

I don't think that deity is right, btw. Some players do finish their turn 2-6 hours before the turn proceeds.

Anyway, I think that these comments aren't made because of the slow-turn timer, but because of the few people that keep on missing turns.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak

Actually, it does matter what we decided on in the begining. People pledged to play based on the timer and their understanding of their real life sechedual. Wanting to bump the timer up faster and faster is pretty selfish IMO... screwing someone just so you can get your turns in faster.

It's all a moot point though, since you will never get a solid consensus on this.
      Fair enough. If that's the consensus, fine. But we can discuss things and then accept decisions. Cool.
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

ROME LEARN TO PRESS ENTER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000000X

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
          weekends in america not the same as weekends in australia so kee pthe turner the same forevery day. we agreed at start for a 24 hr timer
          I'm wondering, what are weekends like in australia that you can't have a faster timer?

Comment

Hey, I do have less time at weekends ! (partys, drinking, recovering, swearing never drink so much again, etc...)

Comment

i do almost the same but still i wouldn't mind being able to play 2 turns sat and 2 on sun.

Comment

I think Greece's point about playing two turns is correct. But Pinchak is also correct in saying that this was agreed to ahead of time. The only problem with this is that it isn't true of everyone. I'm sure there wasn't a CONSENSUS (the type Pinchak is talking about at least) when the timer was decided, I wasn't around, but I doubt EVERYONE wanted a 24 hour timer, so the fact that he is gloating to deity that he'll never have his consensus is idiotic, and not very fair. Greece is right, you should be able to play two turns in a day, but I stress the word SHOULD. I like to drink, which on the weekends means I wake up pretty late (I just got up and its like 3:30 right now), deity's old and needs his rest, and Ozzy's boyfriend doesn't have civilization at his house, so it poses problems for people. Which is why it doesn't work for everyone.

Deity is right, we should be able to discuss the issue, and I've said it before but I wasn't around when these decisions were made, so I should at least have the benefit of discussing them, AT LEAST. There's no need to be childish though and taunt people over it.

And if I insulted anyone here, I was joking.

Comment

Well, initially, IIRC, Cyber sayd : We'll make a game with a 24h timer and 18 players, who wants to join this one ?

So, by saying "i'm in" we all agreed to that timer, IN THE FIRST PLACE. Now that doesn't mean that if it's ok for EVERYBODY, we still can't change the timer because of this.

But it seems that for the moment there are some players who couldn't do with a shorter timer, so we heve to keep the long timer.

It's logical. There is harm in missing turns, there is none in waiting for the next one to start.

So, do just as I do and play another game, not Civ IV 'cause you won't be able to focus on your game while thinking about Beyond The Pit, if you have time to kill.

Hack and Slash games seem perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                    I think Greece's point about playing two turns is correct. But Pinchak is also correct in saying that this was agreed to ahead of time. The only problem with this is that it isn't true of everyone. I'm sure there wasn't a CONSENSUS (the type Pinchak is talking about at least) when the timer was decided, I wasn't around, but I doubt EVERYONE wanted a 24 hour timer, so the fact that he is gloating to deity that he'll never have his consensus is idiotic, and not very fair. Greece is right, you should be able to play two turns in a day, but I stress the word SHOULD. I like to drink, which on the weekends means I wake up pretty late (I just got up and its like 3:30 right now), deity's old and needs his rest, and Ozzy's boyfriend doesn't have civilization at his house, so it poses problems for people. Which is why it doesn't work for everyone.

Deity is right, we should be able to discuss the issue, and I've said it before but I wasn't around when these decisions were made, so I should at least have the benefit of discussing them, AT LEAST. There's no need to be childish though and taunt people over it.

And if I insulted anyone here, I was joking.

you sure greece was talking bout having 2 turns a day cuz i'm pritty sure i started the discution.

Comment

I think that we can talk about the turn timer forever. We won't be able to get a solution anyhow.

I think that the current 19h timer is the best of two worlds.

I wanna ask those who want a shorter timer: please accept things how they are and let's stop debating things that won't be changed anyway.

I wanna ask to those who oftenly skip turns:
                      - please try to make your turns!
                      - Consider the advise by Greece! Play your turn if possible at least in the morning or before you go to sleep.
                      - Change your civ to AI (retire) if you know that you won't be able to play for a few turns.

In short:
                      short-turn-timers: stop the endless debate
                      long-turn-timers: please try to finish your turns asap.

Special msg to The Capo: In response to the 489 times you said something like: "I wasn't there when you made these stupid rules but I would've disagreed" my answer: "Then why were you not there? You were invited, but you didn't show up. Now accept things how they are."

Lastly: I love you all and this game rocks!
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
                        Well, initially, IIRC, Cyber sayd : We'll make a game with a 24h timer and 18 players, who wants to join this one ?

So, by saying "i'm in" we all agreed to that timer, IN THE FIRST PLACE. Now that doesn't mean that if it's ok for EVERYBODY, we still can't change the timer because of this.

But it seems that for the moment there are some players who couldn't do with a shorter timer, so we heve to keep the long timer.

It's logical. There is harm in missing turns, there is none in waiting for the next one to start.

So, do just as I do and play another game, not Civ IV 'cause you won't be able to focus on your game while thinking about Beyond The Pit, if you have time to kill.

Hack and Slash games seem perfect
                        i try playing other games but i beat them too fast then i get too bord to want to play them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdragon921

I'm wondering, what are weekends like in australia that you can't have a faster timer?
                          ummm because when it saturday here it friday in usa...

Comment

oh yeah i forgot your a day head of me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                                Special msg to The Capo: In response to the 489 times you said something like: "I wasn't there when you made these stupid rules but I would've disagreed" my answer: "Then why were you not there? You were invited, but you didn't show up. Now accept things how they are."
                                What do you mean show up? I was busy with work and wasn't even checking Apolyton all that much, I had no idea there was a pitboss game, so why would I "show up?"
                                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                                X