Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need the org thread. Lets just delete Jap and Old's posts.

Comment

• Tis ok all organsiation now in the Chat thread. So make sure you look in all threads to see what going on.

This organsiation thread is more for CYBER and OZZY to post in not any others.

Organisation issues such as whos turn it is and such like are discussed over in the CHAT thread.

People are hoping to organsie the ROMANS to learn how to hit enter after a 5 minute turn instead of the 12 hours it taking.

Comment

• Rasputin: learning to end your turn is not organization.

Organization is:
        - voting ends in 7 days
        - the turn timer will be delayed because of [insert very good reason]
        - Please be aware that players aren't supposed to pull a 'double move' within war-times
        - Someone needs a sub for 8 days
        - we'll install patch 3.x tomorrow
        - game will be down because CS will be moving to a new house

That's organization.
        It's stuff to keep the game running.

It's easy reference for if you need to know the latest news of the game. (like: "Rome, you forgot to end your turn 3 times in a row!", etc.)
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
          Rasputin: learning to end your turn is not organization.

Organization is:
          - voting ends in 7 days
          - the turn timer will be delayed because of [insert very good reason]
          - Please be aware that players aren't supposed to pull a 'double move' within war-times
          - Someone needs a sub for 8 days
          - we'll install patch 3.x tomorrow
          - game will be down because CS will be moving to a new house

That's organization.
          It's stuff to keep the game running.

It's easy reference for if you need to know the latest news of the game. (like: "Rome, you forgot to end your turn 3 times in a row!", etc.)
          Why is the turn timer being delayed? And what does that mean?

Explain the "double move" to me please.

There's a patch?
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• ok cyver was just being funny , i hope capo was too.

but the double move is when you have your turn in the the usual way. The turn timer ends the turn.

Then you log back in before your enemy get a chance to move and make your second turn.

Basically it means you could declare war on your first turn and end up outside somebodys capital in the 2nd turn. {This would put a lot of stress on your victim and they might panic}. thereby casuing havoc and giving you a huge advantage.

In my opinion it is cheating, in others opinions it just a game exploit in PITBOSS. others see it as a usable tactic.

In this game it was banned, but apparently if you jump up and down and claim the enemy wasweak and you didnt really need to do the double turn, it was accidental, you can get asway with it.

Comment

• I wasn't really joking, I didn't realize he was just giving examples. When is an appropriate time to move next then?

And what if there is a circumstance where say I wouldn't be able to make my next turn unless I I did it right after the timer switched (maybe I had to go somewhere or wouldn't be near a computer or something), I guess I'm asking how strict is this rule?
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• as we found out in the mayan/ korean war the rule means basically nothing cause nothing happened to the mayans for using the double move. i'm not sure but i think you have to wait like 1/3 into the turn befor you can move or something like that.

Comment

• This rule is going to get us unstuck sooner or later, ie relying on an arbitrary time ratio. Maya were innocent in this regard.

I strongly suggest that if a civ declares war and moves they have to wait until the other civ logs in and plays their turn (as per civstats). Simple.

NSTFU
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• And the attacked civ, after playing their response turn, has to wait until the attacking civ plays their next turn and so on.
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• as japan said, precedent already set. just do the double turn and forget the rule.

Comment

• I think its better to keep the rule in effect, there's no reason to get snotty about it and upset over everything. We can't let these things ruin the game, and I think that is a good rule. I remember we had a similar issue when we were playing simultaneous turns in Civ 2. You guys remember that? Didn't we make a similar rule where the war parties would agree to take turns. Why can't we do that now?

One Love.

Comment

• hey that would be a good mod... play civ 4 like civ 2 was a TURN BASED STRATEGY GAME, not a simultaneous move game, but a turn by turn.

Gee why oh why did Sid Change, oh yeah becasue the new players hated the waiting, oh for patience...

Comment

• Well I'm not really suggesting going back to a turn based system for everything. I'm just suggesting some parameters for war so its fair. You never know when someone will be too busy to be at their computer quickly enough, and it isn't really fair to penalize people for having other things to do. But I am generally in agreement there should be some type of rules of conduct for wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
                              I think its better to keep the rule in effect, there's no reason to get snotty about it and upset over everything. We can't let these things ruin the game, and I think that is a good rule. I remember we had a similar issue when we were playing simultaneous turns in Civ 2. You guys remember that? Didn't we make a similar rule where the war parties would agree to take turns. Why can't we do that now?
                              Er, didn't I just say that?
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Those things were EXAMPLES for what the Org thread could be used for.

/me slams himself with a hammer on his head and slams his head against the wall....!
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X