Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automating workers

Hi

I was wondering the general consensus on automating workers is this something done only after you personally have them finished with irrigation and roads etc. or are they intuitive enough to do most things right?

I never automate workers. Even after rails and no one is left on the landmass. Not that hard to handle them manually. At that point you mostly just stack them anyway.

Comment

I tend to automate some of my workers because I play on huge maps and have hundreds of them running around. Every so often you will have to redo their work (ie planting mines on tundra ). The AI is ok but its not good.

If you have half a brain and the patience to cycle through them all, then its better to direct them manually.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

After a long hiatus I'm back to playing the game. After a while I thought "why not try automating those guys?" Big mistake. They basically just start intensely developing the area around one city, and once it has been done to death they move one to the next one. The have NO natural inclination to do what we all know they need to do, and that is connect cities by road and rail asap.

Comment

Working...
        X