EU3 IN: I need help with Ethiopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU3 IN: I need help with Ethiopia

Nikolai and several other poly posters seemed to think the expansion was good, so I got myself the IN expansion. For my first game I've chosen Ethiopia. I was crushed. But I refuse to give up on them. I've always found the country fascinating.

Ok, I need some advice. I'll try to be brief:

1. How can I appease the Egyptian Arabs so they don't crush me?

2. How should I approach colonizing the three native spots? Exterminate all the natives and then send a colonist to each? Or should I send a garrison of 5000-7000 men and try to colonize the land before the natives kill themselves in suicide attacks.

3. My eastern neighbor is Muslim and easy to conquer. His provinces are hell to keep though. Can I give him a Christian province and then once he attacks and I defeat him ask him to convert to Christianity and become my vassal? (I'm thinking of outsourcing my constant Muslim religious and Somali nationalist revolts ).

4. The real Ethiopia briefly converted to Catholicism, could I do the same in EU3:IN?

5. How can I westernize?

6. Which tribal form of government is best? How can I change?

7. Can I kill my king? Seriously, he's incompetent.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; August 5, 2008, 12:00.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

First of all, Ethiopia is VERY hard, especially if you are new to the game. I know I probably wouldn't survive. When that is said, I'll try to answer your questions as good as I can.

1) The best way is through having a large military. You probably won't be able to sustain that though. Try to get an ally in the area. Also, try to better your relations, it should help if they get good enough, preferably above +100.

2) Most players just exterminate them. It's the easiest way.

3) AFAIK, no.

4) If you get Catholic rebels, you can accept their demand, which will change your state religion by force. You "risk" getting random conversions of your provinces if you are highly innovative and have, IIRC, humanist tolerance as one of your NIs.

5) First of all, you need to border a province owned by a western(ized) country. If that condition is met, you'll get a decision that shows what you need to do(or let you do it, if you already meet the rest of the requirements). The requirements are, IIRC, centralization at last -2(two steps towards centralized from the middle), innovative at least -2 and a ruler with certain skills, I think it is adm at least 5.

6) Tribal governments are the worst thing ever. Seriously, if you have it, you have a real problem. It's very hard to change too. I don't remember how, unfortunately.

7) If you cheat, you can. If not, send him to war.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

1)I have nothing to give, after I win my war with Adal I get 75 duats. Thats it. I can't even give him provinces like in Civ

2)Ok

3) When can you force to change another civs religion then?

4)Can I in the same fashion convert to Islam? Build a strong empire, then convert back to Christianity? I keep having Muslim revolts, how do I accept their demands?

5)Where can Ethiopia establish a border province to the west? Hmm, maybe if I could build ships I could colonize a spot in the new world. But I can't build ships.

6)I think you need to get a extra special event.

7)I did, I got a good ruler. But I lost the war against the pretenders. (a simultaneous Muslim revolt was what caused my problems)
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

1) If you win, I presume they have not control over any of your provinces. If they don't control one the province in question, or have a claim to it(core), then they can't demand it or be given it.

3) You can force change another country's religion when it's in the same religious family. IE sunni to shiite, protestant to catholic. But not orthodox to one of the other christian denominations I think.

4) Yes. When a revolt is going on, you can surrender to their demands(there are several different kinds of revolts, so watch out!) in the screen you find to the right of the military page(among the pages you find in the top left panel).

5) If you have a colonist available and your technology allows access to the province, you can click on the province and choose to send one. You can't reach the new world, even if you knew the way as long as you don't have the right naval tech.

6) Yeah, that's one way to do it, but that event has a MTTH so high you might not get it all throughout the game. Tech is the better option, but it's a long way.

7) Yeah, pretenders are bad with tribal govs. Also, talking of rebels: There is a bug in the current version of IN which makes rebels way too strong in the later game for non-western countries, as the rebels have Latin tech for everyone...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Eat more...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Eat more...
            No starvation so far.

But hyperinflation has become a problem.

Now I know how how Robert Mugabe feels.

Comment

Working...
            X