Games you won that you thought you were going to lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games you won that you thought you were going to lose

I played an amazing MOO2 game a few weeks ago. Huge galaxy, 8 races, starting at average tech level. I was playing as Sakkra. The first part of the game did not go very well. I expanded to about 6-7 star systems ok but then I get invaded by a space eel. Unfortunately, my fleet was not quite strong enough and the space eel spaws another then another. I got 3 space eels blockading systems while I build a better fleet to beat them. Then, to make matters worse, the Mrshans declare war and conquer a star system. A few turns later, they move on to a second system. At this point, I am feeling pretty bad. My fleet is small. I got space eels bothering me and the Mrshans are poised to roll right over me.

Then, a miracle happens. The Mrshans offer peace and are willing to give me a star system. Naturally, I accept.

At this point in the game, everything turned around for me. I sucessfully get rid of the first space eel, then the second one. I declare war on the nearby Silicoids and take one, then 2 systems from them. I make peace. I turn around and eliminate the last space eel that had moved on to an uninhabited system. I declare war again on the silicoids and conquer all their systems. Soon, I also conquer the Elerians and another race ( I forget which) and take Orion too.

To make a long story short. The game ended with me sending a fleet of about 30 titans to the Antarans and defeating them easily. At that point, it was just me and the Psilons in the galaxy with me owning about 60% and the Psilons owning the rest.

Anyone else have a game like that, where you thought everything was hopeless and then something happens, and things turn around and you win?
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Too many to remember. I thought I had a log from the last one I vaguely recall. I know I was in the upper left corner. I had no planets to reach without a range tech.

I finally got one and all the planets nearby where fill with Sakkra. I do no remember what the race I was playing was, but I know it was a bear to win.

I play more Moo1 than Moo2 nowdays, but I love them both.

Comment

Working...
    X