No announcement yet.

The Road to War - Ultimate Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found with RTW that playing as the US is boring and a pain being you have to ship everything or airlift and airlift don't work in winter. It has a long build up time. Playing as the Germans is fun though RTW is definitely better than that crappy Desert War. I for one would like more happy or health resources

Comment

Re: Range of aircraft

If Japan is in possesion of both Hawaii and India their probably going to win anyway.

I think better checks are how deep into China can Zeros get from Japan? (It shouldn't be much more than Korea)

How close to Hawaii do they have to be to bomb it? (They should need an aircraft carrier to do so.)

Originally posted by BillSeurer
      Does anyone else think the range of aircraft is waaayyyyy too high in the Ultimate Edition? Zeroes (for instance) can bomb most of the US mainland from Hawaii and reach well into the Mediterranean from India.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

You can probably hit Hawaii from China.

And as for controlling Hawaii the AI really doesn't defend it very well.

Comment

Yeah, if you can come close to hiting Hawaii from China with Zeros the range is way too big.

AI is probably treating Hawaii like it would in a normal game; it's not pulling out the land military units that start there but neither is it transporting in new ones.
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Yes understandable, but you can't change the range for different scenarios. It's one fixed range in the UnitInfos.

Comment

So the problem is the map scale changed but not the ranges? That's too bad because the ships actually work better.

Comment

The full RTW has the same number of tiles as RTW-Pacific & RTW-Europe

I would have thought RTW-full would have been on a larger map in the same scale as Pacific & Europe.

Aircraft able to cross half the Pacific ocean really does reduce the point of Aircraft carriers.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Is it possible to play Road to War multiplayer????

Pls help me...i would like to play the Europe 1939 szenario online against some mates....but i can't chose " multiplayer " .

Comment

Please help! I have recently downloaded the RtW UE zipped file onto my desk top. The next 2 steps state to delete the "existing RtW Mod Folder...Beyond the Sword/Mods/The Road to War" and then "unzip the downloaded file into the" previously deleted "RtW mod folder" How do I do this?

Comment

Hello, I have a question. I got the BtS version of RTW and I am playing as the USSR. In real event mode there is a problem with Poland. First of all, both the USSR and Germany invaded it, but I never got the trigger for the USSR to do so as well. Plus, although the USSR invaded them, neither France nor UK declared war on USSR.

Now here is the question: Do any of your patches fix this?

Comment

Dale, your excellent mod is really drawing interest.

Welcome to Apolyton BillSeurer.

Welcome to Apolyton FockeWulf.

Welcome to Apolyton jhedges.

Welcome to Apolyton Ka3ak.
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

ok so i try to download the ultimate patch and well...it pops up saying do you want to run or save and i click save and then it does nothing so did it save it? cause it never started downloading...

Comment

Thanks for this great mod!

Comment

Is it me or this mod is too easy? Even when you change the difficulty in the beginning and put it higher I barely see any change in the difficulty... Is it normal? I even find it easier the more I put the difficulty since when I start the game I expect it to be more difficult so I play more carefully...
                              Does anyone else noticed that?

Comment

i always get a desktop crash when i try to start a mod, is it normal? can i fix it? i did all what theres said
                                "1. Download RtW-UE http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=10229
                                2. Delete the existing RtW Mod folder ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War
                                3. Unzip the downloaded file to the same Mods folder as step 2 ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\.
                                4. Start BtS, the RtW and play!"

Comment

Working...
                                X