The Road to War - Ultimate Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ4-BTS-RTW Compatibility/Upgrade Question

First, love the mod, but am using the store-bought original version and the bugs are killing me. This may be a neophyte question, but I need some clarity...

I have downloaded the Civ 4-BTS RTW - Ultimate Edition for BTS v3.17 and the Add On Pack for BTS v3.13.

Am I correct in assuming that I must first upgrade my Civ 4 with the Civilization 4: Beyond The Sword Patch v3.17, then load the RTW Ultimate Edition for BTS v3.17, then load the Add On Pack for BTS v3.13? Is this sequence and combination the right process? Is there anything else I need?

My Civ 4 is Civ Version 303, Save Version 300, Build Version 3.0.3.1, Build Date August 8, 2007 and RTW is Civ Version 301, Save Version 300, Build Version 3.0.3.1, Build Date August 8, 2007.

Thanks for your time and attention to my uncertainty. I can't wait to get this all done and have, at the least, functional AA guns. Love the work though. - Jisqua

Comment

Hi jisqua_t, from what I understood from the website, you either install the add on (if you were already playing a previous version before or if you had beyond the sword since it came with it) OR the ultimate edition if you don't have the mod at all (so I guess if you don't have beyond the sword).
      Hope that help but i guess it's too late now.
      I'm downloading the addon now since I'm playing it from the beyond the sword version and find it odd that the tiger tank have the same attack points as the medium panzer tank...
      Also it was crashing at a certain turn. I saved just before the crash and every time I press Enter to end the turn, it will crash not long after.
      So i hope this version correct those kinds of bugs.
      But man other than that, this is THE best game ever I find.
      It mix the best game ever with one of my passion (WW2) so I couldn't be happier

Comment

I would like to know if someone was able to install the ultimate edition on a beyond the sword installed in steam...
        let me know please.
        The mod won't start after replacing the files in the road to war folder.
        I tried both the add on and ultimate edition...
        Any ideas?

Comment

Dale do you support this...?
          Dale I play your BTS WWII Combat mod "The Road to War" (which is outstanding) but the missiles won't load on the Frigates in spite of the descriptor listing attributes saying that they can -up to 3.

I seem to remember reading on your original site some time ago that you don't support that mod anymore. If so can you tell me how to correct this myself? Hopefully its a quick fix.

Thanks a lot Dale.

Comment

with the 3.19 patch this doesn't work at all, had to go back to the basic RTW I recieved with the DVD. Too bad

Comment

Does it have Hitler?

Comment

The version I have with the DVD of Bts has both 1936 and 1939 Europe and 1936 Pacific. It has hitler (as Papan) to be played as germans if thats what you mean

Comment

I don`t know, if here`s still anyone, who is able to help me, but here`s my problem: I`ve downloaded the Ultimate Version of The Road to War and unpacked it into an folder named RtW-UE_1.1_BtS3.17. I moved the folder "The Road to War" out of this folder into the mod folder () of Beyond the Sword.
                  Now I loaded the Mod, but always, when it had finished loading, the game crashes and theres just the ordinary error announcement. I`m despaired!
                  Can someone help me?

Comment

If it doesn't have Hitler, then it's not worth playing. Pathetic political correctness!

Comment

Originally posted by One_more_turn View Post
                      If it doesn't have Hitler, then it's not worth playing. Pathetic political correctness!
                      I'd like to know why it's okay for a scenario to have Stalin but not Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        I'd like to know why it's okay for a scenario to have Stalin but not Hitler.
                        Because a large segment of the customer base (most Germans) have a pole up their butt about Hitler and would throw a major hissy fit if he were included in any way, shape, or form. A modder can add Hitler, but Firaxis? No way.

The same isn't true about Stalin or any of a number of other murderous leaders included in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
                          Because a large segment of the customer base (most Germans) have a pole up their butt about Hitler and would throw a major hissy fit if he were included in any way, shape, or form. A modder can add Hitler, but Firaxis? No way.

The same isn't true about Stalin or any of a number of other murderous leaders included in the game.
                          No, the real reason is that German government outlaws all public display of Nazi symbols, including pictures of the Fuehrer. Firaxis does have a sizable business in Germany and thus has to play by its rules.

Comment

when you come to play a game like this mod, you want to find great people of the histgoric scenario. Please, include Hitler too!!!

Pathetic... you cannot play with Hitler or can t fight against Hitler...

(...)

This isnt a game mod!!! but a political dissemination in game!!! include the historical Hitler too!!!

Comment

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but it doesn't work for me. When i click on a scenario, it gives me an error message after the game closes to load te mod. and when i load it as a mod, it gives me the same error messageright before i start the game. anyone know how to fix that?
                              To read my signature, press Alt-F4.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYoghurt View Post
                                I don`t know, if here`s still anyone, who is able to help me, but here`s my problem: I`ve downloaded the Ultimate Version of The Road to War and unpacked it into an folder named RtW-UE_1.1_BtS3.17. I moved the folder "The Road to War" out of this folder into the mod folder () of Beyond the Sword.
                                Now I loaded the Mod, but always, when it had finished loading, the game crashes and theres just the ordinary error announcement. I`m despaired!
                                Can someone help me?
                                exactly my problem. even the despaired part. i did the exact same thing and got the exact same result. are we doing it wrong?
                                To read my signature, press Alt-F4.

Comment

Working...
                                X