Best one: Pyramid or Temple of A ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best one: Pyramid or Temple of A ?

Which one´s the best and why, do you think ?
    Pyramids! All those granaries make my cities grow faster!
    100.00%
    Temple of Artemis! Vital for claiming land in the beginning to expand the borders, plus makes it possible for cities to grow without civil disorders!
    0.00%

Pyramids - no doubt. They never loses their effect. If you want expanding borders, build libraries (wich you probably want to do in any circumstances ).
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Has to be pyramids. Does not become obsolete and free granaries = quick growth and more gold per turn.

Temple of Artemis or its equivalent is really only useful in scenarios where the shorter game length is a factor.

Comment

Pyramids. Never obsolete and useful for every victory condition. I suppose the ToA is also useful for every VC, but it becomes obsolete, & pretty quickly.

Comment

@ blackKat - you gotta love those libraries when playing a scientific civ!

Many times i ve had temples in production and then researched the libraries and just been able to switch, shortening the production time with 1/3.

Comment

the Pyramid is a bit cheaper to build also. I guess you could consider the Temple of A a consolidation prize for missing out on the Pyramid. But the race for the Pyramid is a tough one. If you lose it and dont have any other wonder to build (which you should) you lose out on a lot of shields that could ve been used for settlers or armies.

Comment

Not REAL armies of course, but a whole lot of swordsmen and horsemen, if one would prefer some ancient age warfare.

Comment

Working...
              X