This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Special with Jason "Jason2K" Bergman

Focus: `Civilization: Revolution` with Jason `Jason2K` Bergman Earlier this month, Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) Chief/Owner Administrator and PolyCast (PC) regular co-host Daniel "DanQ" Quick alongside fellow staff member and long-term PC fill-in Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney spoke with 2K Games Producer Jason "Jason2K" Bergman about Civilization: Revolution now available worldwide on the Xbox360, PlayStation 3 and DS console platforms. Questions by Quick and from several forum users on-site and elsewhere are asked to learn about the game's development, post-release plans and Bergman himself.

The second "Focus: Civilization: Revolution", it is now netcasting as a PC special. Total runtime is 50m09s. PC along with its sibling show ModCast fall under the collective banner of PolyCast as the official podcasts of ACS. The first in-depth look at CivRev in this manner on the show was released earlier this year prior to the game's completion.

To date, ACS is the only known community on the Web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    Last edited by DanQ; August 23, 2008, 23:41.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 01m32s | General
    Pre-and-post-release responsibilities as Lead Producer on Civilization: Revolution, being the publisher internal producer on titles from Firaxis Games, CivRev playtesting, the introduction to the Civ series and now having worked on a title in it.
    - 07m30s | Platforms
    The lack of a Civilopedia for and barebones manual on the DS version, other console port options and future PlayStation 3 platform support.
    - 15m18s | Gameplay
    Favourite civilization to play as, responding to criticism of aggressive CivRev Artificial Intelligence (AI), the 2100AD game end limit and explaining the Histograph symbols.
    - 21m13s | Content
    Possibilities for an Earth and larger seed maps, chances for custom single-player games, the CivRev scenarios and multiple aspects of Downloadable Content (DLC).
    - 27m11s | Reflection
    Most and least satisfying aspects of CivRev, increasing interest in the PC Civ line-up and lessons learned from CivRev's development.
    - 35m08s | GameSpy
    How and why the multiplayer service for the PlayStation 3 version was chosen.
    - 35m47s | Miscellaneous
    Most memorable CivRev games to date, starting in the gaming career and his own venture, lurking on Civ fansite and official forums and feedback on the CivGameoftheWeek.com effort.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Good stuff!

I'm looking forward to find out more about the DLC.
      And the description of the histogram symbols!

About the aggressive AI... I think this is a case of the game still being new and people not knowing how to deal with it. For example, there aren't really any negative consequences to being at war, apart from having to make sure you can defend yourself (which you should be doing anyway). In fact, you're a lot freer when you're at war, because there are no Open Border treaties, so it's the only way to have free run of the map. I'm probably in the minority on this, but I was glad to hear that they were happy with the way the AI turned out.

Big thanks to Jason and the Polycasters for putting this together!
      _/\ C
      Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Enjoyed the show. Now, how about one w/ Elizabeth2k!

on bended knees.

I can show her my
        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Originally posted by Carch
          Good stuff!

Big thanks to Jason and the Polycasters for putting this together!
          Welcome.

Originally posted by dojoboy
          Enjoyed the show.

Now, how about one w/ Elizabeth2k!
          -- previously done and released, in fact.

As described, this was the second "Focus" on CivRev with the first one linked to -- that one was with Elizabeth Tobey. (She's 2K's Community Manager for those not aware.)

Comment

Nice one Dan!.....and a very big thank you to yourself, Annalee, and Jason Bergman, for making that possible.

As always, some excellent stuff on there! And while I'm a little disappointed they have no plans to tame the AI a little, I did at least get to hear that straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Sorry about that Jason!

So again, many thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_Grimes
              Nice one Dan!.....and a very big thank you to yourself, Annalee, and Jason Bergman, for making that possible.

As always, some excellent stuff on there!
              You're welcome, and thank you for your kind feedback.

And while I'm a little disappointed they have no plans to tame the AI a little, I did at least get to hear that straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Sorry about that Jason!
              -- if you multiplay with CivRev, really watch out for Jason now.

Comment

Working...
              X