X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stronghold 2 any good?

I can get this for about £4.00

is it good
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

It was ok, but if buying an RTS game now with a very limited budget I'd go for one of the early Dawn of War games.

Comment

My kid is into castles so i thought we could build one together and then kill the baddies
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

In that case the Stronghold games are your best bet.

Also worth looking at the first game too as the second, whilst a few years later, didn't really seem to add that much.

Comment

I had the 1st game, but got rid of it -doh

as it's so cheap I'll go for the newer one i think

Comment

The Stronghold series by FireFly Studios is a series of games set in the Middle Ages, where the player, represented by the lord in-game, builds a castle and manages food and weapons production,...

They released a whole bunch of them, I had the first and second and they were good games, a bit too twitch rts for my taste(I am a tbs fan), but solid well made games.

You could also look for this older not related game, I've heard some good things about it, but it probably won't be as accessible as the games by firefly:

Mixing the gameplay of Civilization and similar games into real-time and with a 3D view, players must build up a small village in the Dungeons and Dragons fantasy universe into a Stronghold. How much micro-management you wish to do is up to you; the...

Comment

Working...
            X