Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fascism or Communism ???

Hi

Im currently in a game playing as the americans. I have expanded a lot mostly because of Warfare, which for the most part has been really succesful.

However, War is getting furtther and further away. Havent built the Forbidden Palace FP yet.

It is the year 1620. I have just discovered electricity =) I have a monarchy as a goverment. Currently researching Nationalism. My plan was to skip that and go straight for the replaceable parts (because its not optionable like Nationalism is but i still get better troops) but i chose nationalism anyway, because Draft is good when conquering, and also there are some more benefits of nationalism, like police officers.

My empire is really huge, playing on the biggest map size.

After nationalism i will probably get the medicine and scinece to start on that Wonder ( it will keep me ahead in science) but when i have those i will probably get the new GOV. (and then the replaceable parts and sanitation).

Which gov ? That is the question. Is Communism the best because of the corruption spread out equally, or Fascism because of better workers and more money for armies ?

About the Tech tree, tactics and stuff:

I started with steam power to build a railnet and get better tiles, and then industrialization to make my core cities prepared for the new more expensive armies (with factories), but i usually start with the medicine and hospitals to boost growth when i play. This time however i thought i would be better prepared for wars if i bult infrastructure and increased production. I am usually at peace when i go for the hospitals. Ironclads i never get. Nationalism is also something i usually wait a bit for, but this time i really shuold have started with nationalism...

I need a good time to make a revolution though, cause im in the middle of a long war, and my ally spain (im Americans) has really been taken a beating. Also, the aztecs had horsemen when our war started, now they have frigates and cavalry. They might have traded it from another continent, and if they did, then its my fault, cause im the one who brought the two continents together. Now i have new enemies and friends over there...

One more thing: I have a great person which i could use to build the FP, but also save for the Hoover Dam...Cause i dont want to ruin environment with coal plants, oh no, the factories are bad enough. Just built my first factory in boston, in the beginning of the 17th century. And now, im pumping out cavalry (2 turns each) or medieval infantry (1 turn each)...
    Fascism
    50.00%
    Communism
    0.00%
    Neither
    50.00%
    Wait and focus on other stuff in the tech tree
    0.00%

Communism, then you can build the FP and you get the SPHQ as well to help out with coruption.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Ok.

But if the corruption is communal, does that mean that the Fp or special police wont help ?

And also, i think i have around 50-60 cities or something.

Comment

I'm not sure I like your strategy - well, thats my opinion and I can easily be wrong .

Going for Nat. just for getting draft - well, I mean, drafting gives three disadvantages :

loss of production, econ, growth
        expenses for the larger army
        unhappiness in the drafted cities

In IA I prefer to go for Steam and then beeline for SM, choosing Indu and RP. That way you get much stronger units and can start steamrolling the enmies. The cost isn't a problem, 80 for a rifleman and 90 for a fanty or guerilla.

I prefer 3-6 armies with 6 arty, 4 Cavs and 6 fant/guer. They fit nicely in four galleons and makes you able to take coastal cities every second turn. Just remember to have reserves ready/in production so you can keep the momentum.

After destroying the current enemy, remember to reorganize before next.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I almost always play Americans and I skip nationalism entirely (usually I buy it off someone if i need it). I dont use either Communism or Facism but stick with Democracy. I usually have a large well developed ewmpire with at least 4-5 luxuries by the time I get to the Industrial age.

My research pattern is usually Steam Power, then Induustrialization, medicine, corporation, replaceable parts. After that I research Darwins Theory line to get the Hoover dam. (timing my next tech to complete on the same turn Darwins does for max effect). Then I research to combustion and get my bombers and tanks.

I usually leave the top tier unresearched as they are relatively cheap techs and I dont play with UN win so its not that important to me. I Just get them from the AI when they have researched them and I am usually 3-5 techs ahead when I enter the modern era (on regent)
          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
          X