WW-Modifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW-Modifiers

This had probably been asked&answered before, but i´ll just ask again: The war-weariness modifiers (police state, jails, Mt. Rushmore) modify exactly what : The accumulation of WW-points or their effect ? Should i switch to polics state, when i start a war, or when the weariness of it starts to effect my cities ? Thanks for the answer on advance !
    Last edited by Unimatrix11; July 27, 2008, 04:04.

The effect.

When to switch depends on the situation. I usually find that jails, Mt. Rushmore and a generally robust happiness situation let me stay in Rep through the first several turns of most wars, though I may want to switch anyway for the unit production bonus or to minimize the effects of any anarchy.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

My impression is the effects are per turn rather than cumulative. So don't switch until you have to unless you need the production bonus. As to jails and Mt Rushmore, I always build the latter in conjuction with Heroic Epic or Ironworking in my primary unit production city. I build jails as much for the espionage points as for the dampening effect on WW. Might build a few more if fighting seems to be pretty constant. Like everything else, there are opportunity costs. While you are building jails, what else could you have built that would have been of equal or greater benefit? Ah, well.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Why build Rushmore in your unit or wonder city (HE or Ironworks)? Rushmore's pretty cheap and HE and IW have synergy with other national wonders.
        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Rushmore's primary benefit is the 4 experience points per unit in the city where built. I like that benefit to go to as many units as possible, thus usually build it in a high production city that is not devoted to building wonders. Once Rushmore and an embedded general or two are in this city, I tend to build nothing but units and production enhancements (e.g., factories) in that city.
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Rushmore gives +4, -25%WW

West Point gives +4XP.
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

DP. See below. Old men occasionally get confused.

Comment

Whoops. Meant WP. Build Rushmore anywhere. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X