Anarchy period question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anarchy period question

Some time ago I saw one mention another persons study of when it was best to revolt, but now I can't find neither the comment nor the study.

Anyone out there that can help ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Not in detail, but the main factor is the size of your empire in relation to the map size. IOW the fewer towns you have the shorter the anarchy.

On a massive 250x250, that can be a lot of towns, on a std map the sooner the better.

Comment

Well, that explains a part of it, but I remember one time where I got a 7 turn anarchy period and made a reload - next was 2, wich I bought without question
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If you are religious you have a shorter anarchy. If not, you should not be able to get lower than 4 turns. That said, I have gotten it in 3 turn, but there is suppose to be a 4 turn minimum.

The reload should do nothing, unless you are not using the random seed.

Comment

random seed ? Whats that ?

Comment

Originally posted by simspacey
            random seed ? Whats that ?
            Whenever you pop a hut, attack another unit, send a galley into an ocean sqare etc. the outcome is decided by a random number.

Random numbers are calculated based upon a seed - usually, you use a new seed for a new random number, but if you use the same seed, you get the same random number.

There is a switch in gamesettings where you can turn this on/off. If preserve is turned on, then a reload of a save will act the same way *

When turned off, a reload will give another result - a tech from a hut instead of three angry barbarians

* Actually, the preserve seed isn't 100 % secure - if you do things in a different sequence, you get different results.

Oh, forgot this :

Steven Weinberg

Comment

okay.

I figured there must be some random stuff in the game. Yesterday i attacked a spearman (regular, in a walled town) with a veteran cavalry and lost, which doesnt happen to often.

Comment

"When turned off, a reload will give another result - a tech from a hut instead of three angry barbarians"

That never happens to me anyway though- i play americans mostly, so i get some gold instead of that new tech - which is almost as bad really...

Comment

Working...
                X