Stardock's Next Game - Fantasy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stardock's Next Game - Fantasy?

I was looking at the poll on their site.

Gal Civ III won the majority of the 400 votes, but a "fantasy based turn based strategy game" came in second. I have to say, I'm really looking forward with what they come out on that end... It should definitely be intriguing if they pursue that path!

~DC.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Master of Magic?? :excited:
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yeah, they aren't releasing many details on their site, but I did some investigation and it appears they are pulling away people from the Gal Civ III team to work on the game!

Gal Civ III is projected release 2010 and this fantasy game should come out in 2009!
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

They can't call it MOM, but it will be another clone of it. I hope it is not too restricted.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

We'll see. I hope they have the chance to develop it deeply like they did with Gal Civ II after all the expansion packs were enabled.

Gal Civ's backstory was something Stardock worked on for many years... Hopefully in 1-2 years time they can come up with a compelling story and tech tree for the Master of Magic game. I figure they'll probably take some inspiration for HoMM, maybe from Warlords as well.
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

There isn't a lot of info I can give out, but I will post what as already been made public.

"Most of our game development team is working on a new fantasy strategy game with a 2009 release date; public beta next year. It’s a turn-based game with tactical combat which is also turn-based. One could describe it as part Master of Magic, part Populous and part X-Com. We’ve developed a pretty extraordinary graphics engine for it. I wish I could take credit for it but the stuff’s way beyond my meager capabilities; the engine team we’ve put together over the last couple of years is just amazing"
            An incorrect quote come from a magazine that this is a MoM sequel, which it isn't. When more info is available, believe me you will know about it.
            http://www.galciv2.com/

Comment

Thanks for the information!
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                Thanks for the information!
                Indeed, thanks Spencer.
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                X