Favorite Free Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Free Games

I was reading through PC Gamer's 365 games a year article http://www.gamesradar.com/f/365-days...4293190000/p-5 and was thinking about some of my favorite free game gems I discovered on the internet... what are your favorites?

---
    Downloadable RPGs
    * Avernum (Only a demo, but a traditional RPG)
    * Battle of Wesnoth (Amazing Tactical RPG- good storyline. Reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic.)

Arcade Style- Internet Based
    * Bloons Tower Defense (addictinggames.com) - Pop balloons in this strategic game... with Monkeys! Very cute and very fun.
    * Villain Defense??? In this game you played an evil overlord dungeon keeper who had to place units to drive off adventurers who came to steal your gems. Cute game, nice strategy.

Strategic Waiting Games- Internet Based
    I used to play these games; they were great.

* Earth: 2025 - Space Development Warfare (To really have fun you needed to join a clan)
    * Nation States - Very fun and very simple to get into (Drawbacks: got 'old' after a while)
    * Manifest Destiny??? - I can't remember the name, but it outdid Earth 2025 in that it had graphics of planets and allowed people to colonize areas across known space. It was a very excellent game. I wish I could remember its name.
    * Utopia - Fantasy Warfare and Timed Development (Okay... The fantasy version of Earth 2025- more involved)

-
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

"Villain Defense??? "
    I think its called Dungeon Defender =)
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yes, that's it. Great game. Sat down and played through it all at one sitting though... I wish there had been more levels.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Right now im playing Pandemic II:

Its quite a morbid game where you are a virus and try to wipe out mankind..

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

It's Strangely interesting.
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I've been playing it all week at Kongregate. You aren't a virus, however, you are a disease, virus, bacteria or parasite.

I do better with virus.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I played Hoplites for a while

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Utopia again atm, after 7 years or so
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Something low brow from me at the moment(I first played it about 4 years ago), wack a peguin:

Play thousands of Free Online Flash Games including Puzzle, Shooting, Adventure, Fighting, Sports, War, 3D, Strategy, Racing, Arcade, Classic, Flying, RPG, Shockwave, Fun, Managing, Driving, Zombie, Board, Football, Golf, Educational, Girl, BMX, Action, Pool, Card, Multiplayer and Solitaire Games

Comment

Huh? Aren't all games free? Oh. Um. Carry on.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I tried out 2K games free version of Railroad Tycoon. It seems a little different from how I remembered it, and the double track-laying doesn't appear to work-(If anyone knows how to do that, advice would be greatly appreciated) but it's still fun.
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Ah, OGame was the other space game I was thinking of, I think... Does anyone play that anymore- I think I heard in another thread that Spaced Cowboy still played- that would be quite impressive...
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

OGame..........ah yeah I think I started that ball rolling here a long time ago
                          For me it suffered in the way most mp games do for me, it involved other people screwing up my game all the time

I still like the start up where you get a lovely new random planet pic to start on. But no I don't think I'll go back, as it was basically a time sink while at my old job, and now I have no time to waste!

We also have a whole host of rogue-u-likes that are free, there was a thread around here for just those at one point.

Comment

Some free games are good but with finite time and a decent disposable income I don't tend to play them these days.

Comment

Also, forgot to mention if I was to spend time playing free games it would be on one of the popular emulators like MAME, where you can play old arcade classics to your heart's content.

Comment

Working...
                              X