Gays are a danger in traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gays are a danger in traffic

because of their "sexual identity disturbance" according to italian authorities - though, court seems to disagree.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Italian wins gay driving ban case
    Map

An Italian court has ordered the government to pay 100,000 euros (£79,919) to a man who had to retake his driving test because he was gay.

Danilo Giuffrida, now 26, told doctors he was homosexual during a medical examination for military service.

The information was passed to the defence and transport ministries.

Mr Giuffrida was told to repeat his driving test or have his licence suspended because of his "sexual identity disturbance".

Mr Giuffrida passed his test for the second time but his licence was renewed for just one year rather than the usual 10 years because of his homosexuality.

A court in Catania, Sicily, ordered the ministries to pay damages on the basis that Mr Giuffrida's constitutional rights had been breached and that homosexuality could not be considered a "mental illness".

The judge said the actions of the ministries showed "evident sexual discrimination".

Mr Giuffrida welcomed the sentence as "a step forwards for civil rights."
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Italy
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

yeah, especially the part about it was only valid for a year
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'd say gays are clearly a danger in traffic. Both gay men and straight women will stop and ogle them, causing massive pileups. It's nearly as bad as blonde women, and we don't let them drive unless they're adequately ugly, right?

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Not to mention their lack of concentration - how many times has Asher been banned because of hissy fits ?

Sorry Snuggy, I couldn' t resist

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            Not to mention their lack of concentration - how many times has Asher been banned because of hissy fits ?

Sorry Snuggy, I couldn' t resist
            I never get banned for my fits of rage, I get banned for making the admin look bad with some of them.

For instance, it's alright to go to town on Ben Kenobi or BlackCat or Winston, but not Locutus.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I never get banned for my fits of rage, I get banned for making the admin look bad with some of them.

For instance, it's alright to go to town on Ben Kenobi or BlackCat or Winston, but not Locutus.
              That, I guess, is a question about interpretation

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Tip for funny posts: insert humour.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Tip for people not getting banned: Get back on the original subject
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Let's talk about hissy fits.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Let's talk about hissy fits.
                      No problem - was your latest worse than your previous hissy fit ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        Tip for people not getting banned: Get back on the original subject
                        Look who is (a) off-topic and (b) pretending to be a big boy acting like they are a mod of the OTF.

Comment

Snoop, what country are you in where only ugly blondes get driver licences? Looks like the other blondes could use a lift. Would be a great job determining who is "ugly enough" and who isn't. A thoroughly corruptible position, I would think.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Seriously, how did Italy get to be so awesome a country?
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Check out the Roma thread. Not so awesome in that case.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                              X