Need help changing movement values for units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help changing movement values for units

I need some help with some modification. I like to play with alot of civs on a huge map with tons of ocean, and alot of islands. but then it takes me 10 turns to move my navy anywhere.

what I want to do is change the movement points for naval units, double or triple them, or something.

I've found a file Units.txt, that looks like what I need to change, but when I change movement points what happens is:

In the great library, the new movemnet values are shown, but the actual units don't move any more. a coracles still moves only 2 spaces, while the great library says it can move 10.

any solutions?

Mog'Dug,

I've modified unit movement values also, and it seems to be working ok. I don't know if this is the problem but try this:

Remember, the movement values listed in the units.txt file are multiplied by 100. So, if you want a unit to move 2 spaces, you have to type in "200" for a movement value. If you want a movement of 10, you need to type a value of "1000".

I hope this helps.

Comment

thank, I got it working now.

much better habing 6 movement points instead of 2 for the early boats on the huge map

Comment

Working...
      X