Export-Import Demographics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export-Import Demographics

Is the demographics screen for export-import working properly for 3.17 now? I get negative values and am ranked last even though I have the largest empire and running enviromentalism with 4-5 trade routes per city and with harbor and custom houses in major cities.

I don't even know how it works and it is important for the RFC mod. Does anyone know the mechanics behind it?

Comment

It is only useful for open borders
      Import trade is better than local trade so you can have higher commerce by having open borders and more trade routes. Things that affect this are
      distance
      overseas trade
      size of city
      amount of commerce a city makes
      lots of imports gives you a better ranking then exports
      like the USA which is an import nation mostly from Japan for low end cars or electronics or Germany for high end cars. My Grandpa believed in Exports was better he never bought a foreign car. I to have not had a foreign car but not by choice besides all mine were used do to income constraints

Comment

In theory, Import-Export is defined by the amount of trade you get from other civs, versus the amount of trade other civs get from you. It doesn't "hurt" you, per se, except in a relative sense (in that you don't lose money from imports, although your opponents 'gain' more than you do).

I suspect that you have a significant chance of being negative in import/export if you're in first, because you can't have as good of trade with others as they do with you.
        Last edited by snoopy369; July 14, 2008, 10:24.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Import/Export hurts the stability in RFC mod. So with Light Houses and Custom Houses one can improve the ratio.

Why is there no building that would improve income from trade routes on dry land. Land trade was a good thing, Europe and East Asia traded in the ancient era by land and the Silk Road was one of the most important trade routes (if not the most important).

Comment

The value of your international trade routes are also affected by the duration of peace between you and the foriegn nation. Just hover over an individual trade route and you'll see a breakdown of the value.

Comment

Sorry Wrong Tread.
              Last edited by TriMiro; August 8, 2008, 20:03.

Comment

Working...
              X