No announcement yet.

Is there a guide to Alpha Centauri.ini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a guide to Alpha Centauri.ini?

Is there? I'm learning more and more about what this powerful little file can accomplish, but I'm learning it piecemeal. Is there a definitive guide out there to all the options? Like, is there a way to turn off the pre-designed units? So that I don't have to do so every game? I know there's a preferences line, but I don't have any way to decipher what switch toggles what, not to mention what other things I might be able to do (like learning finally today about how to run AC in my native resolution rather then 800x600)!

Re: Is there a guide to Alpha Centauri.ini?

Originally posted by John E. Nobody
    Is there? I'm learning more and more about what this powerful little file can accomplish, but I'm learning it piecemeal. Is there a definitive guide out there to all the options?
    I don't know of such a guide. You can find information about tweaking the ini file in our FAQ and in the SMAC readme file.

Like, is there a way to turn off the pre-designed units? So that I don't have to do so every game? I know there's a preferences line, but I don't have any way to decipher what switch toggles what, not to mention what other things I might be able to do.
    Are you turning off DESIGN UNITS AUTOMATICALLY via the in-game preferences menu? That option should be saved when you start a new game. If it isn't saved, then you have a problem. Please post again if that's the case.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
    X