Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

I hope they keep the ambiance from the original, all these old tunes really helped to create an old, woodsy, kinda off-the-log-cabin feel of the original title. Bonny at Mourn, Fisher's Hornpipe, Cornwall, and, Shaky Tune etc...
    «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Music is a very important aspect to me. The excellent selection made in Civ4 (particularly during the medieval, renaissance and industrial periods) has raised my hopes. The right mix between songs, marches and Indian tunes (maybe throw in some dances from Pirates?) can really set the mood.

One gripe about national tunes: I think it's a good idea to play the player's anthem at appropriate moments (founding the first colony, winning a war, etc.) and I don't object to God Save the King, Wilhelmus and the Marcha Real, but we can do better than the Marseillaise for pre-revolutionary France? I'm not French, but it doesn't really sound right. A separate set of post-independence anthems would also be nice. On that note, could we get some more country-specific tunes that we only hear when playing that country? I'm sure forum members from the four countries could come up with helpful lists. (... and if, by pure chance, a Portuguese list should pop up, maybe someone will take the hint.)

Comment

Working...
    X