Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stronghold

Anybody's playing it?

It's a brilliant game, I recently returned to it. I'm at teh last level, besieging Wolf's fortress. I destroyed the first gate, one of the first towers, a square side tower, a round side tower and a tower next to the last pass, as well as the tower next to second pass I believe.
    But I postponed the assault, for I'm acared of failure. I've treid before, and it's the fire inside that's killing me. My plan is therefore to move by sides, on the walls, omitting the fire trap in between.
    We shall see.

I hate assaults. What I like the most is building castles and defending them against bigger and bigger armies. Anyone knows a place I can get nice maps for that?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Stronghold

The Polish version is called Stranglehold, isn't it?

Comment

OG Forum
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
        Stronghold

The Polish version is called Stranglehold, isn't it?
        Is that the one where drunk Polish guys on horses try to fight tanks?
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Do you have a video preview of that game :excited:
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            Do you have a video preview of that game :excited:
            It's in Polish and only runs on the TRS 80.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

WTF is that?

Comment

I still occasionaly play Stronghold Crusader, but it has been awhile since I last played it.
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

...on the TRS 80.
                  My first computer was a Trash-80

What a wonderous device. No disk drives, input was by autotape. IIRC, RAM was 3k.

I used to write my own games software.

BTW Heresson, what version of Stronghold are you playing?
                  Last edited by Zkribbler; June 30, 2008, 13:56.

Comment

If only we had a forum dedicated to games not covered by the site. Other games, if you will...
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I;m playing Stronghold Platinum Collection or whatever.

I passed the last castle. It was very hard. I rushed through the first defences and cleared the main stronghold of enemy troops. Some of my trooops went far away, killed some enemy and remained hidden in some quiet place. I've used cavalry to move forward and kill some men, and to make the enemy put the first part of the castle on fire. Then I backed off with the cavalry, some of it got burned, though.
                      I waited outside the castle until the fire ended, and I've sent the cavalry again, to make the enemy start the fire in the second part of the castle. Still some of my cavalry survived this assault. Then I waited until the fire is over and moved my entire army forward. I decided not to kill the enemies in the remaining tower, but go for the Wolf himself. But next to the spot one more fire started, so I sheltered in one of the towers, and when the fire was already small, I assaulted the fortress and I won.

But I don't like besieging. I enjoy building castles.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

I wonder if Castles one or two might run well on Dosbox.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Archers lots of archers
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                            I wonder if Castles one or two might run well on Dosbox.
                            They both do. I started playing Castles 2 this year (never heard of it before), beat it a couple of times before I got bored of it.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

They both do. I started playing Castles 2 this year (never heard of it before), beat it a couple of times before I got bored of it.
                              Really. My economy always collapsed right at the beginning of the game. I don't remember whether I couldn't grow enough food to feed my troops or make enough money to pay my troops, but whichever it was, I always lost and lost fast.

I did like Castles 1 though.

Stronghold sounds like these games, only on steroids.

Comment

Working...
                              X