Unofficial BtS 3.17 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAHZ

Is this a part of your patch too, where it says the worst enemy of each civ on diplo screen? I never noticed it original patch 3.17
    No, that's just a 3.17 addition, I guess you just missed it. It's pretty much my favourite change in that patch, at least so far. I haven't really played a game with it yet, I'm kind of waiting to see if Solver can fix the forested starts bug.

Soon please?:desire:

Comment

Willem, go start a new game with the current version You'll probably be done with it by the time I post the next build.

As for the Glance tab, I believe that there were some modifiers it wouldn't take into account and thus not be always accurate. That's just what I recall reading, though, I'm not sure myself if it works properly or not.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

No, that's just a 3.17 addition, I guess you just missed it. It's pretty much my favourite change in that patch, at least so far. I haven't really played a game with it yet,
        I have patched to 3.17, but I don't seem to be getting this comment on "worst enemy" on the trading screen. Does it require some number of espionage points? Is there a setting that I need to change?

RJM

[edit] It shows for some leaders and not for others, so I'm guessing it has something to do with espionage points. [/edit]
        Last edited by rjmatsleepers; June 26, 2008, 16:04.
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

as always.

Doesn't the way you've changed collateral damage nerf the Cho Ko Nu a bit in the reverse of the way 3.17 fixed the barrage promotion? I get that it would do about 2/3 the collateral damage to a defender of strength 9.

Comment

Chu-Ko-Nus shouldn't be affected, at least not in the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              Willem, go start a new game with the current version You'll probably be done with it by the time I post the next build.
              Unfortunately I just started a new job last week and I haven't really had the energy to do any playing, even with the default patch. Hanging out on the forums is the most brain activity I've been able to muster lately. I'm starting to feel better though so maybe tonight I'll give it a go.

So what does "Fixed bug in the map generator with water starts" do anyway? I've never really noticed any bugs on a coastal start, only inland. Ok, there are probably more trees than there should be but at least those starts get ample food usually. Sometimes very ample.

Comment

Well here's another one you might like to fix. I just got the random event where my war leaders held an internal games event. One of my Warriors who was out exploring became the champion and recieved the Leadership promotion. The problem is that he had just been killed by some Barbarians that popped from a goody hut.

Comment

Water starts bug was that you would get an improper starting resource allocation on water starts, IIRC. Or, maybe it's the bug where the check for water starts always succeeds? Something like that.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Water starts bug was that you would get an improper starting resource allocation on water starts, IIRC. Or, maybe it's the bug where the check for water starts always succeeds? Something like that.
                    Gee, thanks for the clarification. That really helped me to understand the issue.

Comment

Willem, you wouldn't have a save from that Warrior error, would you?

And yeah, that map generator bug is just improper resource allocation. Basically, the map generator checks whether your start is a "land start" or a "water start" and then adjusts resources based on that. The bug was that the check didn't really work and would always end up the same.

Comment

Willem, you wouldn't have a save from that Warrior error, would you?
                        No sorry, I never thought of keeping one. If I come across it again I'll keep it in mind. That's the first time it's ever happened though so the odds of it happening again aren't good.

Comment

Updated to version 0.19:
                          • AI plane/ship retreating logic when city is in danger extended to Forts
                          • Vassal's spies no longer caught in master's territory
                          • AI logic on banning nukes tweaked to account for AI leader personality and the global situation
                          • Undid galley production changes from Better BtS AI
                          • Non-native collateral damage tweaked (thanks guys)
                          • Civilopedia will now display "replaced by" lines for buildings that get replaced by UBs
                          • AI guided missiles will lean towards destroying resource-producing tiles as opposed to improvements like Towns
                          • Damaged AI attack planes may choose to continue attacking if no defending interceptors are around
                          • Rivers running through deserts will result in floodplains
                          • Start location tweaks per SevenSpirits
                          • Workers not as lazy, per Bhruic's patch
                          • Glance screen reactivated

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 31, 2010, 14:11.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Vassals aren't allowed to spy on masters.

The installer hasn't yet been updated for 0.19, AFAIK. It should say something like "will install Solver's unofficial patch 0.17".

Comment

Vassals aren't allowed to spy on masters.
                                That's what I tell her, anyway.

But then, she lays down the law , and I realize who's really in charge. That's my wife for you.

Wodan

Comment

Working...
                                X