ModCast #12: "Crikey"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModCast #12: "Crikey"

"OH CRIKEY!" is what Dale Kent is featured saying this episode. Not just cheesy Australia jokes, but lots of other interesting and cheesy topics. Episode 12, "Crikey" (39m29s), features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders and Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland with first-time guest host Dale "Dale" Kent. Summary of topics:

- 02m05s | Code Corner
    Looking at the Combat Engineers Mod by Kailric.
    - 08m27s | Artist Sketchpad
    Going over the BtS Great Person Mod Artpack by Amra and then Final Fantasy 6 Flying Armor by Dual.
    - 14m00s | Cartography Room
    The Ringworld Script by ruff_hi is front and centre.
    - 18m23s | Spotlight
    It's Dale "Dale" Kent on his MOD work and even his future projects planned for Civilization IV: Colonization.

ModCast is a bi-weekly ~45-minute audio production of Apolyton Civilization Site and is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.
    Last edited by DanQ; June 23, 2008, 22:28.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Thanks Dan
    ModCastNewest Episode!
    Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Originally posted by GarretSidzaka
      Thanks Dan
      Welcome -- anytime.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

woo hoo! you mentioned my ring world map. It came as a surprise to be riding the train to work and to hear "we look at the ring world map by ruff hi". Even though you didn't actually mention who it was by when you were discussing it ... I was only mentioned in the intro.

:gripe: And no mention of the different regions in the map and the ability to change how 'regional' it is. Anyway, thanks for the promo! :goodjob:

BTW - it was actually developed as my entry in the recent mod conquest but then I used it for a Realms Beyond game.

Edit: Just noticed that the ring world link above is to the map script that you discussed last time ... duh! Here is the correct link.
        Last edited by ruff_hi; June 27, 2008, 12:47.
        Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"
        Visit my Civ IV web site for information on mods that I am involved with or use and other Civ IV tools
        woo hoo! My wife publishes her first book. Buy it now in paperback format at lulu and help me retire so I can write more BUG mod code.

Comment

Great episode! I just wish it had more Dale, I didnt get to hear much from him and some of his comments were difficult to hear.

Overall it felt like a lot from Tony, but not as much from the other guys. I like hearing from Tony, but a more balanced broadcast would be better (Wouter may have been tired because he was unusually quiet).

Wouter, Ken and Dale have great insight into moddings big issues. Tony does a good job of leading the conversation and keping things on track, but he may want to draw them out and give them more of a chance to talk about the issues.

You may want to consider asking questions like this to guests:

1. Where do you think modding will be in 3 years?

2. Do you think modders have any advantages over professional developers?

3. What are the common mistakes new modders make?

4. What do you think the modding community needs?

5. Are there any mods/features you've always wanted to see but noone has created yet?

Comment

Working...
          X